Season Thirteen: Escalation
Season Thirteen: Escalation was released on April 25th, 2017 on PC and June 6th, 2017 for Console. It continues the Lukari Storyline with the new episode Mirrors and Smoke. Additionally, it includes a Reputation centered around a new Competitive PvE/PvP gamemode, called War Games. Another feature of this Season is a large-scale Balancing effort.
Season Thirteen[edit | edit source]
War Games[edit | edit source]
Following the success of the Arena of Sompek training initiative, the Alliance has set up further exercises to prepare its captains for the oncoming challenges that await them. These new War Game scenarios will pit teams of captains against each other in trials of speed, strength, and ingenuity.
- Core Assault is a space-based 5v5 scenario where both teams must solve a series of puzzles to reach the center of the Adelphous System space station. The first team to destroy the opposing Core Regulator will be the victors of the match.
- Twin Tribulations is a space-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class War Game Scenario. In a Gauntlet-class Scenario, Captains will not be engaging in direct battle with the opposite team, but racing against them to solve puzzles and defeat enemies.
- Binary Circuit is a ground-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class War Game Scenario. In a Gauntlet-class Scenario, Captains will not be engaging in direct battle with the opposite team, but racing against them to solve puzzles and defeat enemies.
Systems[edit | edit source]
- In an effort to make a more fun experience, Season 13 brings a large-scale Rebalancing for Space Combat.
- Player Potential System
- To ensure lower-end players aren't teamed with high-end players, a Player Potential matchmaking system is being introduced to PvP content. It will scale off several things, such as gear, specializations, and previous PvP queue performance.
- New Reputation: Competitive Wargames
- Collect Competitive Marks from PVP and War Games Queues
- Collect Assessed Stratagems from Advanced or Elite War Games.
- Unlock 9 new Reputation Traits
- Obtain following set items:
- Kit Modules:
Locations and Missions[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Ships[edit | edit source]
- Privateer Lock Box
- R&D Promo!
- Summer Event 2017
- Infinity Lock Box
Season 13.5[edit | edit source]
Mid-season update released on July 18th, 2017 for PC and on September 7th, 2017 for Console. The main feature was the addition of the Endeavor System.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- New Featured Episode “Brushfire” will have players enter a secret prison in the Briar Patch, where the House of Torg holds their most hated prisoners. That can’t mean anything good for Martok, played by J.G. Hertzler, in his first role in Star Trek Online. You will join forces once again with Rodek, voiced by Tony Todd, on an epic Klingon adventure to rescue Martok and return him to the Alliance.
- New Featured Episode “Beyond the Nexus” will have players team with Captain Geordi La Forge from Star Trek: The Next Generation, as portrayed by LeVar Burton. You’ll investigate the disappearance of the starship Madison, which went missing when it went out to investigate the reappearance of the Nexus from Star Trek: Generations – and a ship long thought lost within it. What mysteries will you uncover?
New Admiralty Campaign[edit | edit source]
- The Admiralty system was expanded with the addition of a new Ferengi Alliance campaign, focusing on Dilithium and Gold-Pressed Latinum.
Endeavor System[edit | edit source]
- Season 13.5 introduced the Endeavor System, which will issue a challenge for players to complete nearly every other day. You will be challenged to experience the depth and breadth of STO while earning exciting rewards with every endeavor you complete.
Items[edit | edit source]
Ships[edit | edit source]
- Son'a Lock Box
- R&D Promo!
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Official Blog - Season 13: Escalation - Coming April 25th (29th March, 2017)
- Official Blog - Details on Space Balance Changes (14th March, 2017)
- Official Blog - War Games Scenario: Core Assault (4th April, 2017)
- Official Blog - The Player Potential System (5th April, 2017)
- Official Blog - The Competitive Wargames Reputation (12th April, 2017)
- Official Blog - War Games Scenario: Binary Circuit (12th April, 2017)
- Official Blog - War Games Queue: Twin Tribulations (19th April, 2017)
- Official Blog - Featured Episode: Mirrors and Smoke (20th April, 2017)
- Official Blog - The Privateer Lockbox! (21st April, 2017)
- Official Blog - Welcome to Season 13 (25th April, 2017)
- Official Blog - Ferengi Admiralty Campaign (21st June, 2017)
- Official Blog - The Endeavor System! (23rd June, 2017)
- Official Blog - Season 13.5 Comes to PC July 18th (28th June, 2017)
- Official Blog - The Son'a Lock Box! (14th July, 2017)
- Official Blog - Welcome to Season 13.5! (18th July, 2017)
|Seasons in Star Trek Online|
|Star Trek Online||Game launch|| |
02 Feb 2010
| Season 1:
|PvP, new fleet actions, more customization options|| |
24 Mar 2010
| Season 2:
|Level cap increase (40-50), Tier 5 ships, new content (Undine Advance, Klingon Sector, Diplomacy missions)|| |
27 Jul 2010
| Season 3:
|The Foundry (Beta), Sector Space graphics revamp|| |
09 Dec 2010
| Season 4:
|Ground combat revamp, UI update, revamp of First City|| |
07 Jul 2011
| Season 5:
Call to Arms
|Defera Adventure Zone, Duty Officer system, skill revamp and STF overhaul|| |
01 Dec 2011
| Season 6:
|Fleet Advancement System (including fleet ships and missions), Nukara Adventure Zone|| |
12 Jul 2012
| Season 7:
|New Romulus Adventure Zone, Reputation System (Task Force Omega, New Romulus), and Tau Dewa Sector Block|| |
13 Nov 2012
Legacy of Romulus
|Playable Romulan faction (with its own ships, missions and hubs), Klingon missions for levels 1-20, Nimbus Adventure Zone, UI revamp, New equipment slot: Warp Core, Nukara Strikeforce reputation|| |
21 May 2013
| Season 8:
|New enemy (the Voth) and Dyson Joint Command reputation faction, Dyson Sphere Space Adventure Zone & Ground Battlezone|| |
12 Nov 2013
|Season 8.5||4th Anniversary with new Feature Mission, Klingon War revamp, Quick Equip, Loadouts, starship switching mechanics|| |
30 Jan 2014
| Season 9:
A New Accord
|New Feature Mission advancing timeline to 2410, Space Battlezone, Borg Advance revamp, revamp of Reputation System, 8472 Counter-Command reputation faction, Traits & Kits|| |
22 Apr 2014
|Season 9.5||Crafting revamp|| |
21 Jul 2014
|Level cap increase (50-60), Tier 6 ships, Mk XIII-XIV gear (Gear Upgrade System), addition of Delta Quadrant, Captain Specialization system, Delta Alliance reputation faction and Kobali adventure zone|| |
14 Oct 2014
|Mid-season update||Command Specialization, Bridge Officer training revamp, Secondary Deflectors, Romulan Mystery arc revamp, Foundry Top 3|| |
29 Jan 2015
| Season 10:
The Iconian War
|New enemy (the Heralds), Iconian Resistance reputation faction, expanded Pilot specialization and complete overhaul of Sector Space into Alpha, Beta, and Delta Quadrants|| |
21 Apr 2015
|Season 10.5||Fleet Research Lab, Fleet Armada System|| |
16 Jul 2015
| Season 11:
|Beginning of new major story arc, Admiralty System, Cardassian Struggle revamp, Badlands Battlezone, Terran Task Force reputation faction|| |
27 Oct 2015
|Season 11.5||Skill system revamp, Visual Slots, Romulan Republic Admiralty campaign, Strategist Specialization|| |
12 Apr 2016
Agents Of Yesterday
|New TOS Federation playable faction, Yesterday's War arc, Temporal Operative Specialization, Temporal Defense Initiative reputation faction|| |
6 Jul 2016
|Agents Of Yesterday: Artifacts||Fleet Station K-13, Kit revamp, graphics and lighting update, beginning of new major story arc|| |
25 Oct 2016
| Season 12:
|New enemy (the Tzenkethi), Tzenkethi Battlezone, R&D: Kits and Modules School, Lukari Restoration Initiative reputation|| |
26 Jan 2017
| Season 13:
|Competitive Wargames reputation, Space Skill rebalance, Player Potential System|| |
25 Apr 2017
|Season 13.5||Endeavor System, Ferengi Alliance Admiralty campaign|| |
18 Jul 2017
| Season 14:
|New Fleet Colony World five-tier holding and defense queues, “Red Alert: Tzenkethi”, Miracle Worker Specialization|| |
3 Oct 2017