Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Season Eight: The Sphere
Season Eight: The Sphere was released on November 12, 2013. It is end-game focused, and saw the addition of a new hostile alien faction (the Voth), the new Solanae Dyson Sphere "space adventure zone", a new fleet holding (the Spire), a new reputation faction and new ships.
Season 8[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Stand-alone Feature Episode: Sphere of Influence featuring Michael Dorn as Worf - available from October 31, 2013, as a lead-up to the actual release of Season Eight
- Time-limited reward: Obelisk Carrier
- New PvE Queue mission “Elachi Alert”
New Enemy Faction: The Voth[edit | edit source]
Systems[edit | edit source]
- New Reputation faction: Dyson Joint Command for Solanae Dyson Sphere
- New Fleet holding: Fleet Spire on Solanae Dyson Sphere
Playable Ships[edit | edit source]
- Fleet Shipyard
- Lobi Crystal Consortium
- Voth Lock Box
Locations and Missions[edit | edit source]
- New Solanae Dyson Sphere Space Adventure Zone
- Adventure Zone uses persistent territory control. Players fight to reclaim areas from the Voth.
- PvE Queue missions “Storming the Spire” and “The Breach”.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- “Allied Zone (Daily)” - 50 , 960
- “Contested Zone (Daily)” - 50 , 960
- “Secure Voth Points” - 50 , 960
- “Call in Reinforcements at Captured Points” - 25 , 480
- “Acquire Battlezone Command Credits” - 10 , 240
- “Defeat Voth in the Battlezone” - 0-60 , 0-960
- “Unexpected Friend” - Tier 1 mission
- “Unlikely Neighbors” - Tier 2 mission
- “Unsafe Practices” - Tier 3 mission
- “Unsavory Actions” - Tier 4 mission
- “Unsaid Thanks” - Tier 5 mission
Federation Tutorial Revamp[edit | edit source]
Revamp of the Federation tutorial, including a new federation ship interior.
Accolades[edit | edit source]
- Exploration Accolades
- Bumpin' - Bounce Off the Lower Atmosphere in the Sphere
- The Four Towers - Aid joint forces in taking command of the control towers in the contested zone.
- General Accolades
- Dyson Joint Command (Tier 1)
- Dyson Joint Command (Tier 2)
- Dyson Joint Command (Tier 3)
- Dyson Joint Command (Tier 4)
- Dyson Joint Command (Tier 5)
- Inspired - Fly Through Central Spire in All Three Sphere Zones
- Need for Device Speed - You increased the speed of the device at a generator point in the battlezone.
- Welcome to the Dyson Sphere
- Kill Accolades
- Doctrinal Differences - Defeat 20 Voth ships
- Apocryphal Doctrine - Defeat 100 Voth ships
- Heretical Doctrine - Defeat 200 Voth ships
- Dino Hunter - Defeat 100 Voth
- Dino Demolisher - Defeat 500 Voth
- Extinction Event - Defeat 1000 Voth
- Dinosaur Halted - You defeated one of the mini-bosses in the park area.
- Mechanized Menace - You defeated one of the mini-bosses in the city area.
- Conquered the Commander - You defeated one of the mini-bosses in the hybrid area.
- More Mini Than Boss - You defeated one Voth mini-boss in each of the areas of the Dyson Sphere Battlezone.
- Very Clever - You defeated the Voth's T-Rex in each part of the battlezone.
- Explorer of the Battlezone - You travelled to all of the contested points in the Dyson Sphere Battlezone.
- Swarmed the Swarmer - You defeated five of the Dyson Sphere's automated defenders.
- Downed the Rex - You defeated one of the Voth's most dangerous weapons - a T-Rex.
- Wants to Hunt - You defeated enough Voth to earn the "gold" reward in a mission in the battlezone.
- Unusual Opponent - You defeated an Aehallh worm in the Dyson Sphere. How did it get all the way out here?
- Lore Accolades
- Voth Cultural Expert - You recovered all seven datapads regarding the Voth in the battlezone.
- Testing the Limits - You discovered the area classified as the "city" by allied forces was used for psychological experiments. The intent was to create a weapon to use against enemies of the Dyson Sphere. (Note: This accolade is gained by using the 6 (3 city, 1 outskirts, 2 park) consoles throughout the battlezone; one is near the entrance of each zone)
- Searched for the Truth - The area classified as a "park" by the allied forces has many things that make it seem more than a simple park. You investigated some consoles and discovered the previous inhabitants were using the area to conduct experiments on various creatures.
Test Weekend[edit | edit source]
Unlike previous Seasons, Season Eight did not have a publicly announced test weekend, though players could still try out the new content on the Tribble test server during the month of October and early November 2013. Furthermore, a Solanae Tribble was made available for all players with the release of Season 8.
Giveaway[edit | edit source]
The B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey was given out for free on December 12 to celebrate Michael Dorn's return as Worf.
Season 8.5[edit | edit source]
On January 30, 2014, Cryptic, for the first time, released a major mid-Season update called "Season 8.5." It was rolled out together with the 4 Years Anniversary Event.
- New mission: “A Step Between Stars” (featuring Tim Russ)
- New ships: Faction-specific Dyson Science Destroyers: Solanae Class, Nov Class, Aves Class
- New Lockbox: [Hirogen Lock Box]
- Revamped content: Entire Klingon War-arc for Federation players was revamped ( “War is Good for Business” was removed)
- New systems: Quick equip & ship loadout functions
See Also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Seasons in Star Trek Online|
PC Release Date
Console Release Date
|Star Trek Online||Game launch||
02 Feb 2010
6 Sep 2016
|PvP, new fleet actions, more customization options|
24 Mar 2010
|Level cap increase (40-50), Tier 5 ships, new content (Undine Advance, Klingon Sector, Diplomacy missions)|
27 Jul 2010
|The Foundry (Beta), Sector Space graphics revamp|
09 Dec 2010
|Ground combat revamp, UI update, revamp of First City|
07 Jul 2011
Call to Arms
|Defera Adventure Zone, Duty Officer system, skill revamp and STF overhaul|
01 Dec 2011
|Fleet Advancement System (including fleet ships and missions), Nukara Adventure Zone|
12 Jul 2012
|New Romulus Adventure Zone, Reputation System (Task Force Omega, New Romulus), and Tau Dewa Sector Block|
13 Nov 2012
|Legacy of Romulus||Playable Romulan faction (with its own ships, missions and hubs), Klingon missions for levels 1-20, Nimbus Adventure Zone, UI revamp, New equipment slot: Warp Core, Nukara Strikeforce reputation|
21 May 2013
|New enemy (the Voth) and Dyson Joint Command reputation faction, Dyson Sphere Space Adventure Zone & Ground Battlezone, Starfleet tutorial revamp|
12 Nov 2013
|Season 8.5||4th Anniversary with new Feature Mission, Klingon War revamp, Quick Equip, Loadouts, starship switching mechanics|
30 Jan 2014
A New Accord
|New Feature Mission advancing timeline to 2410, Space Battlezone, Borg Advance revamp, revamp of Reputation System, 8472 Counter-Command reputation faction, Traits & Kits|
22 Apr 2014
|Season 9.5||Crafting revamp|
21 Jul 2014
|Delta Rising||Level cap increase (50-60), Tier 6 ships, Mk XIII-XIV gear (Gear Upgrade System), addition of Delta Quadrant, Captain Specialization system, Delta Alliance reputation faction and Kobali adventure zone|
14 Oct 2014
|Mid-season update||Command Specialization, Bridge Officer training revamp, Secondary Deflectors, Romulan Mystery arc revamp, Foundry Top 3|
29 Jan 2015
The Iconian War
|New enemy (the Heralds), Iconian Resistance reputation faction, expanded Pilot specialization and complete overhaul of Sector Space into Alpha, Beta, and Delta Quadrants|
21 Apr 2015
|Season 10.5||Fleet Research Lab, Fleet Armada System|
16 Jul 2015
|Beginning of new major story arc, Admiralty System, Cardassian Struggle revamp, Badlands Battlezone, Terran Task Force reputation faction|
27 Oct 2015
|Season 11.5||Skill system revamp, Visual Slots, Romulan Republic Admiralty campaign, Strategist Specialization|
12 Apr 2016
|Agents Of Yesterday||New TOS Starfleet playable faction, Yesterday's War arc, Temporal Operative Specialization, Temporal Defense Initiative reputation faction||
6 Jul 2016
14 Feb 2017
|Agents Of Yesterday: Artifacts||Fleet Station K-13, Kit revamp, graphics and lighting update, beginning of new major story arc|
25 Oct 2016
|New enemy (the Tzenkethi), Tzenkethi Battlezone, R&D: Kits and Modules School, Lukari Restoration Initiative reputation||
26 Jan 2017
18 Apr 2017
|Competitive Wargames reputation, Space Skill rebalance, Player Potential System||
25 Apr 2017
6 Jun 2017
|Season 13.5||Endeavor System, Ferengi Alliance Admiralty campaign||
18 Jul 2017
7 Sep 2017
|New Fleet Colony World five-tier holding and defense queues, “Red Alert: Tzenkethi”, Miracle Worker Specialization||
3 Oct 2017
14 Nov 2017
|Season 14.5||Constable Specialization||
3 Apr 2018
22 May 2018
|Victory is Life||New Dominion playable faction, level cap increase (65), Mk XV gear, playable Cardassians, Gamma Quadrant arc and locations, including Gamma Quadrant Battlezone, Gamma Task Force reputation faction, Deep Space 9 revamp||
5 Jun 2018
25 July 2018
Age of Discovery
|New Star Trek: Discovery-themed Starting Experience, Task Force Operations (formerly Queues) Revamp, Mission Journal Streamlining, Tier Six Reputations||
9 Oct 2018
13 Nov 2018
Mirror of Discovery
|Personal Endeavors, New story arc, 9 Year Anniversary Event||
23 Jan 2019
5 Mar 2019
Rise of Discovery
|All Tier 6 starships converted to level-scaling, Discovery Legends reputation faction||
14 May 2019
25 Jun 2019
|New Patrols and Rewards, New story arc||
10 Sep 2019