Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Scimitar-class Dreadnought is a massive dreadnought developed by the Remans and also used by the various Romulan factions since 2379. They are equipped with a wide range of disruptor weaponry, as well as a thalaron radiation weapon that does massive damage. Two variants of the Scimitar, the Falchion and Tulwar, are operated by the Romulan Republic beginning in 2409.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Battle Cloak
- Cannon: Rapid Fire III
- Dispersal Pattern Beta III
- Thalaron Pulse
- Torpedo: High Yield
- Torpedo: Spread III
- Emergency Power to Shields III
Hull strength[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Romulan Imperial Minefield”: The I.R.W. Falcata leads an assault on an asteroid mining facility and is defeated by a dispatched allied task force.
- “Cloak and Dagger”: Empress Sela's flagship, the I.R.W. Leahval, enters the Delta Corvi System to take Vrimek into custody.
- “Empress Sela”: The I.R.W. Leahval leads an attack on Vulcan; the ship retreats when the attack is foiled by the Federation player.
- “Taris”: The Leahval and escorts arrive in the Iconia System in response to Federation players having captured Taris, Sela demanding she be handed over to the Romulan Star Empire.
- “Cutting the Cord”: After the Tal Shiar's forces are defeated by the Reman Resistance in the Brea System, Sela arrives to take charge in the Leahval.
- “Fleet Alert”: The I.R.W. Jambiya, I.R.W. Kilij, I.R.W. Khopesh, I.R.W. Hook Saber, and I.R.W. Shamshir lead raids against Klingon and Federation starbases. Defeating all five earns the Romulan Siege Breaker accolade.
- “No Win Scenario”: In Combat Simulation 347, several Scimitar-class Dreadnoughts are among the Romulan forces attacking a Civilian Transport.
- “Khitomer Vortex”: An assimilated Scimitar-class, the I.R.W. Valdore, escapes through the temporal vortex for a final confrontation with the players.
- “Butterfly”: In Scenario Gamma, one of several holodeck simulations designed to test the use of the K.I.S. Annorax against various targets, the R.R.W. D'serek is a Scimitar Dreadnought in service to the Romulan Star Navy instead of a Romulan Republic Dhelan Warbird as she is in the original timeline. The ship and her crew defect to the Republic after Commander Temer has Lieutenant Gaius Selan, a Tal Shiar agent, arrested.
- Scimitar-class vessels will occasionally spawn in Romulan and Reman deep space encounters, this is commonplace when at least 4 players are teamed together.
Vessels of the class[edit | edit source]
I.R.W. Hook Saber
|Scimitar-class (assimilated)||I.R.W. Valdore|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On July 2, 2013, the Scimitar-class was remodeled to match the playable version. The Falchion-class was added as well for the Romulan Republic, matching the playable version of that ship.
- The Scimitar, Tulwar and Falchion variants are all named after types of swords.
Images[edit | edit source]
Firing the Thalaron Pulse, fore.
The I.R.W. Leahval's original appearance, used as the basis of the Falchion-class variant until the July 2, 2013 update.
[edit | edit source]
- Scimitar at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Scimitar-class at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
Romulan Star Empire (25th century)
|Details||Romulan Star Empire (25th century) • Romulan • Reman • Hirogen • Rator III • Gasko Station • Tal Shiar • Romulan History|
|Ground Forces||Romulan Analyst • Technician • Recruit (Romulan) • Uhlan • Sublieutenant Medic • Centurion • Centurion Engineer • Centurion Medic • Centurion Scientist • Subcommander • Subcommander Engineer • Subcommander Scientist • Commander • Romulan Captain|
|Starships||Romulan Shuttle • Scorpion Fighter • T'varo Light Warbird • Mogai Heavy Warbird • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Arranhu • Charva • Hakeev • Janek • Khaiel N'Vek • Khiana • Ruul • Sela • Taris • Tarsen|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Aethra • I.R.W. Areinnye • I.R.W. Esemar • I.R.W. Falcata • I.R.W. Khnial • I.R.W. Leahval • I.R.W. Rea • Sela's Armed Freighter • I.R.W. Sithesh|
|Details||Reman Resistance • Reman • The Vault • Crateris • Remus • New Romulus • Vauthil Station • Reman History|
|Ground Forces||Guard • Shadow Guard • Guard Elite • Shadow Guard Elite • Guard Commander • Shadow Guard Commander • Guard Captain|
|Starships||Scorpion Fighter • T'varo Light Warbird • Dhelan Warbird • Mogai Heavy Warbird • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Haakona Advanced Warbird • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Khiy • Obisek • Rashna • Slamek • Vrimek • Xionel • Zden|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Decimus • R.R.W. Llaisnen • Reman Scout • Rerik • Zdenia|