Commander Samuel Winters is a Human Starfleet officer and was the second in command of Earth Spacedock until 2409 when he received a new assignment. He reappeared in the Bajor System during the Dominion occupation of Deep Space 9. Following the destruction of U.S.S. Belfast, Captain Va'Kel Shon assumed command of U.S.S. Enterprise-F, with Winters as first officer.
History[edit | edit source]
- Samuel Winters is the fourth generation of his family to serve in Starfleet.
- After graduating from Starfleet Academy, he served as an engineer at Utopia Planitia and Deep Space Six, and has also served aboard the U.S.S. Tucker and the U.S.S. Montgomery Scott.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Operation Gamma” (FED): Winters pilots the players' small craft during a mission to the Gamma Quadrant to seek aid from the Dominion in retaking Deep Space 9 from Kar'ukan's forces.
- “Boldly They Rode”: Winters appears as First Officer on the newly-commissioned U.S.S. Enterprise-F to defeat Kar'ukan's fleet.
- “First Contact Day”: The player visits the bridge of the Enterprise at Utopia Planitia and meets with Samuel Winters and the rest of his crew.
- “Sphere of Influence”: Winters takes temporary command of the Enterprise-F during a battle against Elachi forces in the Jouret System while Captain Shon is with the player.
- “Surface Tension”: In early 2410, Rear Admiral Tuvok asks the player to assist in the organization of a conference of major Alpha and Beta Quadrant powers on the future of the Jenolan Dyson Sphere. Captain Shon and Commander Winters accompany Federation players to the talks.
- Badlands Battlezone: Commander Winters' Mirror Universe counterpart is a member of the crew of Admiral Leeta's I.S.S. Enterprise.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- In Tales of the War #13, Commander Winters is awakened during the night by Jirelle Kav; the Enterprise has received a distress call from a freighter under attack by the Heralds. Commander Winters reports to the bridge vowing to wake Captain Shon once the Enterprise arrives at the freighter.