STOWiki talk:Suggestion Box/Inappropriate Feedback
The following feedback is not related to the Wiki, but the game. Do NOT add to this list, but move your feedback to the official feedback forums, please. There it can be read and reacted upon by game developers.
- 1 STO - "to explore strange new worlds, and boldly go where no man has gone before..."
- 2 Battleships
- 3 I want to buy ships, stations, planetside bases, and even moons. In other words, be a "Federengi."
- 4 I want to take prisoners!
- 5 I want to design my ship in any shape I want
- 6 In-game browsers, please!
- 7 Changing the ranking system and what it allows you to do!
- 8 Accolades and how to achieve them
- 9 Create The Future of STO
- 10 New ship for new seasons.
- 11 Challenger Class
- 12 3D Chess in STO
- 13 There needs to be a photonic engineer
- 14 Breen Chel Grett
- 15 Breen Chel Grett Warship
- 16 Playable Borg Collective
- 17 Multiplayer Ships
- 18 Adds a Point Defense System to the T6 Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser.
- 19 Shuttle
STO - "to explore strange new worlds, and boldly go where no man has gone before..."[edit source]
STO is quiet an achievment in what it has achieved, but it also has certain flaws. I have been playing it for a long time now and the responses I have witnessed by players can be summarised as such:
1.) PvE content is unchallening, with little in terms of real story line. To beam down to a planet just to destroy 5 crates is a bit insulting. PvE should be engaging, sub-plots within a main theme-based plot that mirrors the real series. 2.) Certain maps are nearly impossible to play single-handedly. I understand the importance of teaming, but when one is playing the Klingon faction, you are limited to repeditive gameplay most of the time. The lifespan of the player interest in the game can never to ensured this way. Players will simply move away from the game. 3.) The queuing system is flawed. Players are often guarenteed to be outgunned. 4.) The queuing system caters for repeditive maps, where players always end up playing the same maps. Some maps never ever have players queued. Whats the point. Player rewards for highest scores should be worked on. Why not include some form of recognition system. 5.) Exploration for Klingons is non-existant at best. 6.) Whats the real point of having a bridge? Most time I have invited players onto the bridge it serves absolutely little function - often players are trapped in the wall! 7.) The line between the factions is totally blurred. Every factions has access to every technology. This should not be the case.
Now that I have pointed-out the issues, these are some of the hopes and dreams. 1.) Why not have resource gathering and sector management. 2.) Expand the current science, tactical & engineer character types. Why not include some others e.g. break them down into the faction types. There is so much rich content in Star Trek that could serve as source material that I am not going to go into it. Depending on which faction sub-set a player chooses there could be some sub-plots the player could have. e.g. Federation > Marquis > Resistance Fighter > Fight against the Jem'Hadar (sub-plot missions assigned periodically) 3.) Central characters & stories that the player can gravitate around. Where are the hero's and villains to be found? 4.) Allow the players dialogues to the more engaging. RPG is missing. Allow players more decision to outcome opportunities, where they can make chooses that lead to different outcomes. 5.) Introduction movies can go a long way in providing backdrop. There are none. There is no feeling of being on a grand adventure. 6.) Why not allow players to capture and defend/ hold/ manage locations.
These are some of my ideas. Hope they will help!
- I hope you realize that we are not officially affiliated with the game in any way. This is a Suggestion Box for the wiki, and for questions to ask Cryptic Studios developers in future interviews. I'm not sure if you were suggesting questions to ask the developers of Star Trek Online, but it appears that you thought your suggestions would get seen by them, which they most likely won't (unless they view this wiki and happen to view this page). –TerranRich (ETC) @ 01:30, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
I would Like to see a Battleship command skills path for both tactical and engineer officers. I would also like to see tier 2 to 4 battleships with 2 tactical bridge officers, 2 engineer bridge officers, and a science bridge officer and tier 5 with 2 of each bridge officers. I wold like to the Excelsior as a battleship and if possable the Proxima class from the Star Trek Legacy game. Anyone who would like to make other suggestions please do so. walt1177
- Thanks for contributing, walt1177! This page is for suggestions regarding the wiki resource, not the actual game. If STOwiki gets official representation on Cryptic's Advisory Council your thoughts will most certainly be represented to the game developers. :) Have a fabulous day! - Veranis 16:47, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
I want to buy ships, stations, planetside bases, and even moons. In other words, be a "Federengi."[edit source]
I'd like to work with the Federation, but act like a Ferengi at the same time, by buying properties.
Therefore, I hope the devs listen to this suggestion and let us practice the business of virtual real-estate in STO!
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
I want to take prisoners![edit source]
When I disable the ship's engines and weapons, I want to then be able to take prisoners. Beam them directly to the brig, and sell them to the highest bidder (either to some faction who will use them as slave labor, or some benevolent faction who will luckily get them a better life than they previously lived.)
It is un-Federation-like conduct to destroy a ship that has already been disabled, and kill everyone in it. That would unsettle me very much.
Towing disabled ships[edit source]
And because I've disabled the ship, I want to tow it to a marketplace to sell for salvage/refurbishment.
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
I want to design my ship in any shape I want[edit source]
Because you see, I would love to build a Federation Cube.
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
In-game browsers, please![edit source]
--ENG 07:12, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
Changing the ranking system and what it allows you to do![edit source]
I know with the current ranking system you can go as high as Federation president. It seems silly to me that I as prez would still command a starship. I think it should go like this: if you reach the rank of Admiral the game should give you a new choice to command an entire battlegroup (one ship you can control and 4 or 5 NPC ships that follow you around and obey your commands). Also, you can be given another to do that or command a starbase, where you can control several NPC ships and run starbase facilities. The game would change to a strategic sort of design instead the constant "run-n-gun" deployments we get currently. --KEY1701 05:27, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
Accolades and how to achieve them[edit source]
I would like a rough idea of how to find for example Gorn, Naussican, Klingons both space and ground so as to max out accolades.
I already know an exploit for borg killing in the engine room of USS khitomer or on Vega colony, and destroy borg until you have 200 just before you beam down too vega colony --Papo64 10:09, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
Create The Future of STO[edit source]
Add a section to the Wiki for "Suggested Game Changes" and either have Avai apply to be a member of the whatever the new Advisory Council morphs into - or this site as resource for those Advisory Council members to use. With moderation and polling built in for ideas this website could be a valuable contribution for the future of STO; as well as what it already is: a valuable resource for the present STO. -- StarbasePrime 16:38, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
- I think this would be a good idea if STOwiki had a representative on the Advisory Council. Jupiter and other community sites have reps. I think it would be reasonable for STOwiki to have a rep as well. I would certainly be willing to do this. Once we have official representation it would be a natural next step to use suggestions and polls as a way for our portion of the player base to get the representation they deserve. - (Avai) Veranis 16:43, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Not to rush you, but I think you/Avai should send jackalope an email with your resume/bonafides soon. They're currently trying to figure how to do this, your wiki might just provide the heart of the unique solution they're looking for. --StarbasePrime 15:57, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
How would a Wiki be used to work out ideas?[edit source]
Wiki's allows a community to edit textual knowledge representations based on facts. Ideas aren't based in "facts", as such there is no right or wrong to them. The concept of a wiki is a great medium for a community to refine and select ideas though if a proper technique or format can be agreed upon.
Here is an illustration of the problem that needs to be overcome:
Idea: Mining For:1 Against: 22,782
Starting with the assumption that no idea is right or wrong, it's the solutions for how that idea can be accomplished that is important. For example, the reason the above would fail is that on the face of the question, mining is an out-of-canon concept for a Star Fleet officer to perform.
Now, take a look at this example:
Idea: Mining Solution 1: Players as Miners For:1 Against: 22,782 Solution 2: Teams as Miner/hauler escort-missions For:17,213 Against: 22 Solution 3: Teams divide ore mined equally For:713 Against: 86
Here, the idea is "Mining"; and there are 3 solutions. Each solution should have a synopsis-title linked to relevant discussion on the solution (only #2 has a link in this example). The wiki community discusses and enhances solutions, ultimately voting on the solutions when discussion has wound down. In this example, Solution 1 is out of canon and not liked by the community, whereas solution 2 is liked by the community. Solution 3 doesn't compete with solution 1 or 2, it is a separate idea that adds to overall solution.
By keeping solutions and the polls separate from the discussion it becomes easy to track the popularity of solutions that make an idea favorable or not. It also allows competing concepts to be compared quantitatively.
There should also be another page that ranks ideas by relative importance. --StarbasePrime 15:26, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
It would be interesting to see what could happen if people actually could die, including your own character not just bridge officers. I think the game needs to round that option out to make it more realistic. In the end, when you really get down to it if you respawn enough you will get your mission done, maybe not on the borg missions but overall that is all it comes down to, just respawn.
What would happen if you actually could die? Wouldn't people play this game much differently? Just as in the movie, you knew certain people wouldn't die just because of their character, but that's not how things really work in the universe now is it? Let's keep this in mind please. Can we make this more real?
New ship for new seasons.[edit source]
Hi my name is Robert.
I've been STO for about a year off and on. What would be nice if you added some newer ships to the federation. Such as the Eximius class escort.
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums. - Mitchz95 17:48, 22 February 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I am Richard. was wondering if we will see TOS era ships that we might design an adventure where one if them slips into the future like the Soyuz-class Bozeman did? maybe even a tip of the hat to the animated series, designing the Huron type, freighter for civilian/trader use. Franz Joseph ships including the federation dreadnaught.
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums. - Mitchz95 03:29, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
Was hoping to have the Wrath of Khan bridge by now. -Federation player
Challenger Class[edit source]
Hi my Name is Dylan and i think that you should add a class of ship for season 11, the challenger class starship it is a great looking ship and deservers some addition to the game. Thank you for your time. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk · contr)
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums; you'll get more of a response there. - RadioActivitii (talk) 07:58, 16 January 2016 (UTC)
3D Chess in STO[edit source]
Considering the game takes ideas and events directly from the series here is a suggestion of my own. Why doesn't STO invent and incorporate the 3-dimensional chess game that is in the series?
I'm sure they could easily find a location such as Vulcan or ESD to give tutorials and stations where one could learn the game and maybe in time add a regular daily event for it if enough community support and GM interest was generated.
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums; you'll get more of a response there. - Mitchz95 03:52, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
There needs to be a photonic engineer[edit source]
I've noticed that you can get both tactical & science photonic crew members but no engineering one plz make a photonic enigneer co the would complete the photonics avalible. Also it would be nice to be able to buy them from C-store or win them in events/missions. also it would be be a great addition to add male liberated borg bridge crew & also tactical & science options for borg crew. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk · contr)
- Hello. Please note that this page is meant for suggestions to the wiki only and, to our knowledge, is not reviewed by any of the developers. You'd have much better luck making this suggestion on the official forums. — Eyes 04:18, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
Breen Chel Grett[edit source]
Some of us have only been playing STO for a short time now, but like most I find myself wanting those ships we missed out on, like the Breen Chel Grett. There must be a way for you to bring it back to those of us who have just discovered STO in the past few months, maybe a C-store purchase or another form.... Thank you Jim —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk · contr)
- This page is for discussing improvements to this wiki, not STO as a whole. Try the official STO forums; you'll get more appropriate responses there. - Mitchz95 (talk) 05:29, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
Breen Chel Grett Warship[edit source]
- STOWiki is not operated by Cryptic Studios, and as far as we know, the developers do not monitor this page at all. And you have already been told this page is for discussing improvements to the wiki, not the game. Feel free to discuss this on the official forums, but don't spam the wiki anymore. — oOeyes 15:48, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
Playable Borg Collective[edit source]
Hi, i think with the romulans being release that it would be really cool to be able to play as the borg collective. because it would spice up the game and add something completely new, at least add some new race like breen. thanks —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk · contr)
Multiplayer Ships[edit source]
I have tried many times to get into STO, I desperately want to love it, but I just can't! The reason is simple, STO misses the Social FEEL of Star Trek. STO might as well be just another Starcraft or flight sim game.
The way to solve this is (I am afraid) not so simple but my god it would make STO THE BEST Star Trek Game ever. If the ships could support multiplayers players who could move throughout them, socialize in the mess halls and serve in areas other than command, that would truly be Star Trek! It would incorporate the best features of a Graphic MMORPG and a text based MUSH or MUDD.
I know this would be difficult, but I don't believe it would be undoable, It would even be better if the players could earn XP for certain actions outside of combat. Player noms and so forth.
Adds a Point Defense System to the T6 Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser.[edit source]
Hey, I was just thinking about in Star Trek 11 when the Enterprise drops out of Warp and destroys all of the missiles coming from the Narada in time to save Spock and the Jellyfish. I'd like to see something like that implimented onto the T6 Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser, specifically, something like this.
- Activates the Point Defense Module for 10 seconds which destroys any incoming projectiles within 6 KM.
- to self: -25% Damage Resistance Rating for 10 seconds.
- to self: +25% Weapon Accuracy for 10 seconds.
- to self: -25% DPS Rating for 10 seconds.
- to self: Disables projectile-based weapons for 10 seconds.
- A proposal like this should be posted on official STO forums. It is not likely developers will check here. --Damixon (talk) 18:44, 31 August 2017 (UTC)
In Voyagers last episodes Admiral Janeway used a Type 18H shuttle marked SC4 (Starfleet Command 4), this shuttle was equipped with both armor and stealth ability's, Can this Shuttle be added to STO for Starfleet Admirals and an equal type shuttle for the Klingon and Romulan factions. @DeletedUser607962 (talk · contr)