As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
STOWiki:User generated content
This page is considered a guideline on STOWiki.
It illustrates standards of conduct, which many editors agree with in principle. However, it is not policy.
- All UGC content must be restricted to one (top-level) article per Foundry mission in the dedicated "Foundry" namespace. (Placing the article in the "Foundry" namespace is as easy as starting the title with
Foundry:as demonstrated below.)
- The article must follow the naming convention
Foundry:[Name] ([ID]), where [Name] is a placeholder for the mission name and [ID] is the placeholder for the unique identifier of that mission.
Foundry:The Longing (ST-HUCHYXC8R)
- The filenames for images uploaded for foundry articles must begin with
Foundry-and must be a reasonably descriptive name, as in not using the generic screenshot date and time.
- Use the style and formatting described in the guide on foundry mission articles for your mission page.
- All authors are required to use the UGC info template on their top-level mission article that will automatically categorize their content, but may not add other categories manually.
- The article should be written in English.
- The article must not be linked from any pages of the standard namespace (i.e. you may link to them from another UGC article, a talk page, or your user profile page).
- However, UGC articles may link to any other article.
- Authors are allowed to add articles discussing individual characters, planets, etc. on sub-pages of the mission article.
Foundry:The Longing (ST-HUCHYXC8R)/U.S.S. Mayflower,
Foundry:The Longing (ST-HUCHYXC8R)/New Nagasaki Colony,
Foundry:The Longing (ST-HUCHYXC8R)/Ben Gillian