STOWiki:STO skin family/Common resources
Files on the server[edit source]
Common skin files are found in
/skins/stocommon/ on the server. There are only two:
stocommon.css: Contains CSS styles that are common between all STO family skins applying to the elements provided by the MediaWiki software and many of its extensions.
STOcommon.php: The "QuickTemplate" used by all STO family skins. This is responsible for generating the page layout.
- Each family skin has its own "SkinTemplate", though these differ only a little. See Project:STO skin family/Creating a new skin for details.
Pages on the wiki[edit source]
The StoCommon extension, when enabled for a skin, ensures that the following pages are included in each page load:
- MediaWiki:Stocommon.css: Contains CSS styles common to all STO family skins applying to templates or common elements used on the wiki.
- MediaWiki:Stocommon.js: Contains any scripts that should be common to all STO family skins, but which shouldn't apply to skins not in the family.
- Special:MyPage/stocommon.css: Contains user-specific CSS styles that are applied to all STO family skins.
- Special:MyPage/stocommon.js: Contains user-specific scripts that are applied to all STO family skins.
Important note: Currently, the StoCommon extension requires a minor configuration addition every time a new STO family skin is added to ensure it loads the common styles for that skin. See Project:STO skin family/Deploying a new skin for more information.