Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For information on how to format certain types of STO Wiki articles, look at the Manual of Style page and our Formatting Guidelines.
A STOWiki guideline refers to the etiquette and common practice observed involving the creation, editing, and management of articles on STOWiki to make management and presentation more consistent and streamlined. Guidelines are not generally enforced by other users or admins, unlike policies.
Examples of STOWiki guidelines[edit source]
- Best practices when creating new articles.
- Redirecting alternative names to articles.
- Participating in discussions about articles.
- Archiving discussions.
- Breaking up articles in separate articles.
Miscellaneous guidelines[edit source]
Guidelines too small to have their own pages.
Deleting redirects[edit source]
Here are some straightforward examples of redirects that should be marked for deletion:
- A redirect to a fleet — Fleet names in the main namespace are not allowed.
- A redirect to a player character — Player character names in the main namespace are not allowed.