Biography[edit | edit source]
Robert Picardo was born on October 27, 1953. Picardo originally entered Yale university as a medical student but ended up finishing with a bachelor's degree in drama. Picardo made his Broadway debut in 1977 and had several notable appearances on television shows in the 1980s, including China Beach and The Wonder Years. In 1995, Picardo was cast as The Doctor on Star Trek: Voyager, a role he played from 1995 to 2001. Picardo also portrayed versions of his trademark character on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: First Contact.
Following Voyager's end, Picardo made numerous guest appearances on several television shows. Notably, he appeared on Stargate SG-1 and became a main cast member during the fifth season of Stargate Atlantis.
Star Trek Online[edit | edit source]
Robert Picardo appears in-game as part of the expansion Delta Rising, which was released on 14 October 2014. His character, The Doctor, plays a pivotal role in the Federation's return to the Delta Quadrant.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Mindscape” (as The Doctor, phantasm)
- “All That Glitters” (as The Doctor)
- “Alliances” (as The Doctor)
- “Takedown” (as The Doctor)
- “What's Left Behind” (as The Doctor)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Both a duty officer and a bridge officer have been based on the likeness of Robert Picardo. Both iterations also feature the Doctor's trademark line "Please state the nature of the medical emergency".
External[edit | edit source]
- Robert Picardo on Wikipedia
- Robert Picardo on Memory Alpha
- Robert Picardo audio interview for Star Trek Online