Rhode Island Science Vessel
- For the playable ship, see Science Vessel Refit.
The Rhode Island-class Science Vessel is an advanced science vessel used by Starfleet. Developed in the early 25th century, the prototype U.S.S. Rhode Island was commanded by Captain Harry Kim. This version of the Nova-class has a photonic displacer that creates a holographic duplicate of the ship to confuse enemies.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Vessels of the class[edit | edit source]
|Rhode Island-class|| U.S.S. Fletcher|
U.S.S. Rhode Island (default)
Missions encountered[edit | edit source]
Named[edit | edit source]
- “Second Wave”: The U.S.S. Fletcher and U.S.S. Phinda are attacked by a rogue Dominion fleet at Deep Space 9.
- “Alliances”: The U.S.S. Rhode Island is present at a conference to discuss forming a coalition of Delta Quadrant species to counter the threat of the Vaadwaur. The ship later visits the Kazon in the Bremark System to persuade them to join the fight.
- “Takedown”: The Rhode Island takes part in the battle for the Vaadwaur homeworld.
Unnamed[edit | edit source]
- “Empire Defense Against Federation Spies”: A Federation task force is hiding in the Kahless Expanse. Some of the starships are Rhode Island Science Vessels.
- “Punch Through the Federation Blockade”: Numerous Science Vessels try to hold the Yov'bot System against a Klingon attack force.
- “Skirmish”: Rhode Island Science Vessels battle the True Way Alliance and the Klingon Empire in the Donatu System.
- “The Doomsday Device”: A Starfleet task force is sent to engage the Planet Killer in the Imaga System.
- “Preemptive Strike”: Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet fighting the Romulan Star Empire in the Rator System.
- “War Games”: A number of Science Vessels help drive off an Undine force in the Draylon System.
- “Facility 4028”: A number of Federation ships fight with the U.S.S. Belfast in the Ayala System.
- “Boldly They Rode”: A combined Starfleet/KDF fleet retakes Deep Space 9.
- “Fleet Alert” (KDF): Rhode Island Science Vessels are part of a Federation fleet raiding a Klingon starbase.
- “Fleet Transport Defense” (KDF): Rhode Island Science Vessels attack freighters trying to dock at a Klingon starbase.
- “Starbase Fleet Defense” (KDF): An armada of Starfleet ships attack a Klingon starbase, among them Rhode Island Science Vessels.
- “No Win Scenario” (KDF): In Combat Simulation 347, Rhode Island Science Vessels are among hundreds of Starfleet ships attacking a Civilian Transport.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Nova class at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- USS Rhode Island at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.