We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
- Due to ongoing PvE queue and reward balance changes in Delta Rising, some dilithium reward amounts listed below may be incorrect.
In Star Trek Online, Dilithium is a major form of currency predominantly earned and used in the end game. Players can use dilithium to purchase various things ranging from new ships when the player reaches a new rank to new officers, equipment (Space and ground), upgrading or re-engineering equipment, and via crafting materials.
Dilithium is further subdivided into 2 separate sub-currencies:
- Dilithium Ore (icon: ) The currency is initally given out to characters as Dilithium Ore, which is a time-based currency (~480 per 15 minutes of gameplay according to Cryptic) in that it is obtained from certain missions, mostly repeatable every 20 hours, that require time for a player to complete. Currently the only use for Dilihium Ore is refining it into Refined Dilithium (see below). Refining is available via the following methods (if an account has multiple characters, the below limits apply to each character independently):
- Refined Dilithium (icon: ). Refined Dilithium can be used in the following ways:
- Traded to other players for another premium currency, Zen via the Dilithium Exchange.
- Transferred to other characters on the same account (with some risk) via the transfer process.
- Used to buy certain Starships (mostly lower tier, up to tier 5) from Starship Requision Officers located in all the major social hubs, such as Deep Space 9, Earth Spacedock, First City and New Romulus Command.
- Used to buy premium items from Dilithium Store, accessible from ship's Inventory Asset tab.
- Used to buy premium Reputation equipment/consumables.
- Used to buy premium Fleet equipment/services/consumables.
- Used to speed up Research and Development tasks.
- Transfer to a character on another account, or Convert to Energy credits.
Note that it is not possible to convert Refined Dilithium into Energy Credits directly, and neither it is possible to transfer Refined Dilithium dirrectly between accounts (e.g. if you wished to give your friend a gift of some Refined Dilithium). Nevertheless, it is possible to send your friend a gift of non-bound items that need Refined Dilithium as an ingredient to be acquired, or to sell these items on the Exchange for . Of course, it is also possible to simply keep and use such items on the acquiring character, and these items include:
- Bridge Officers acquired from Category: Bridge Officer Vendors.
- Duty officers acquired from for certain Duty officer assignments given out by Personnel Officer.
- Certain Research and Development resulting items.
- Equipment items upgraded via the Gear Upgrade System.
- Equipment items with newly re-engineered modifiers.
- Fleet project donations.
Each character has a 10 million Dilithium Ore balance limit and also a 10 million Refined Dilithium balance limit at any given time. Any Dilithium Ore or Refined Dilithium received to exceed these balance limits would be lost.
- 1 Missions
- 2 Duty Officer Assignments
- 3 Reputation System Projects
- 4 Redemption
- 5 Season 5 Conversion
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
Missions[edit | edit source]
Academy Lore mission[edit | edit source]
Fleet missions[edit | edit source]
- “Fleet Dilithium Mining” - up to 2480 (5010 with mining event) for a Fleet Dilithium Mine Tier 3
- Fleet Research Lab R&D Daily Task Missions - 1200 (1800 with mining event) for a Fleet Research Lab Tier 2
Borg Invasion[edit | edit source]
Alpha Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- “Asteroid Mining” - up to 1000 (2025 with mining event)
- “Dilithium Mining Claim” - up to 5000 (10,001 with mining event)
- “Aiding the Deferi (Daily)” - 1440
- “Rescue Deferi Captives (Daily)” - 480
- “Emancipation (Daily)” - 480
Beta Quadrant[edit | edit source]
- Tholian Incursion on Nukara Prime - min level 50
- “Traelus System - Satellite Repair” - 480
- “Sh'mar - Distress Signal” - 480
- “Defense Contract” - 480
- “Pi Canis - Path of the Warrior” - 2400
- New Romulus
- “Beginning of a New Future” - 320
- “New Romulus: Staging Area” - 480
- “New Romulus: Vastam Peaks” - 480
- “New Romulus: The Atlai” - 480
- “New Romulus: Paehhos Crater” - 480
- “New Romulus: Hwael Ruins” - 480
- “New Romulus: Warehouse” - 480
- “New Romulus: Mountain Base” - 480
- “New Romulus: Overgrown Caves” - 480
- “New Romulus: The Power Source” - 480
- “Tholian Red Alert Event (Daily)” - 480 (+ 30 )
- Nimbus III
Solanae Dyson Sphere[edit | edit source]
- Ground Battlezone missions
- Undine Battlezone missions
Reputation[edit | edit source]
These rewards can be claimed once per character:
- “Task Force Omega Tier 5” - 9,000
- “Nukara Strike Force Resources” - 32,000
- “Secrets of the Ancients” - 32,000
- “Unsaid Thanks” - 32,000
- “8472 Counter-Command Tier 5” - 32,000
- “Delta Alliance Tier 5” - 32,000
- “Iconian Resistance Tier 5” - 32,000
PvE queue[edit | edit source]
- “Starbase 24” - 480
- “Slowing the Expeditionary Force” - 480
- “Halting the Gorn Advance” - 480
- “The Big Dig” - 640
- “Breaking the Planet” - 640
- “Punch Through the Federation Blockade” - 480
PvP and global PvE[edit | edit source]
- “Hostile Engagements Against Enemy Leaders” - 1440
- “Removing Enemy Secret Headquarters” - 1440
- “Pacify Enemy Heroes (Daily)” - 1440
- “Pacify Enemy Leaders (Vice Admiral - Daily)” - 1440
- “Reclaim the Neutral Zone (Daily)” - 1440
- “Restore the Neutral Zone (Vice Admiral - Daily)” - 1440
- “To the Front Lines (Vice Admiral - Daily)” - 1440
- “Claiming Enemy Reserves (Daily)” - 1440
- “Claiming Enemy Emergency Reserves (Lt. General - Daily)” - 1440
- “Dominate the Leaders of the Enemy (Daily)” - 1440
- “Dominate the Heroes of the Enemy (Lt. General - Daily)” - 1440
- “Raze Enemy Headquarters (Daily)” - 1440
- “Raze Enemy Secret Headquarters (Lt. General - Daily)” - 1440
- “Seizing Enemy Emergency War Reserves” - 1440
- “Storming Enemy Secret Headquarters” - 1440
- “Ship Killer - Starfleet” - 480
- “The Most Dangerous Game - Space” - 480
- “The Most Dangerous Game - Ground” - 480
- “A Good Day To Die - Ground” - 480
- “A Good Day To Die - Space” - 480
- “Good Luck Charm” - 480
- “Turret Killer” - 480
- “Captain Killer - Starfleet” - 480
- “Captain Killer - Klingons” - 480
Empire Defense[edit | edit source]
- “Empire Defense: Borg” - 1440
- “Empire Defense: Cardassians” - 1440
- “Empire Defense: Federation” - 1440
- “Empire Defense: Romulans” - 1440
Missions no longer rewarding dilithium[edit | edit source]
“Explore Strange New Worlds” - 1440 “We Need Breathing Room (Daily)” - 1440 “Academy Event” - Roughly 1500-3000 on average (up to 6900 with luck) “Vault Shuttle Event” - 480 “Chart the B'Tran Cluster (Vice Admiral - Daily)” - 1440 “Salvage Dispute (Repeatable)” - 1440 [available for 10 [Computer Core Fragment]]
Foundry has been shut down in April 2019.
Dilithium is automatically rewarded based on the average playtime of a user-generated mission - Ca. 480 per 15 minutes Once every 15 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a bonus 1440 “Investigate Officer Reports (Repeatable)” - 960 Authors of user-generated missions can also be donated 25, 50 or 100 (refined!) by any player who completes their missions.
Duty Officer Assignments[edit | edit source]
Most Duty Officer Assignments provide a small amount of Dilithium (usually between 5 to 50 , with 125 to 150 on critical success) and a few provide larger quantities.
- Repeatable assignments awarding over 50 on a non-critical success are (with rewards shown for non-critical / critical):
- “Turn Over Confiscated Contraband” - 2000 / 2000
- “Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in Gamma Quadrant” - 1000 / 4000
- “Consign Prisoners to Colonial Labor Battalion” - 1000 / 2500
- “Execute Mutineers” - 750
- “Execute Changeling Spy” - 500 / 2000
- “Forced Labor Requisition” - 500 / 1500
- “Relocate Colonists” - 500 / 1500
- “Grant Passage To Colonists” - 500 / 1000
- “Forced Labor Camp” - 350 / 1000
- “Dilithium Mining in an Unstable Asteroid Cluster” - 250 / 1000
- “Formal Gift Exchange” - 150 / 650
- “Black Market Provisioning” - 150 / 650
- “Investigate Illegal Gambling” - 125 / 125
- “Permit Crippled Warrior to Perform the Hegh'bat” - 100 / 626
- All repeatable assignments awarding over 50 on a non-critical success:
- All repeatable ssignments awarding 50 on a non-critical success:
Reputation System Projects[edit | edit source]
- 8472 Counter-Command: "Provide Isomorphic Injections to 8472 Counter-Command" - 1000
- 8472 Counter-Command: "Ongoing Efforts Against the Undine" - 500
- Dyson Joint Command: "Provide Cybernetic Implant Samples to Dyson Joint Command" - 1000
- Dyson Joint Command: "Ongoing Efforts Against the Voth" - 500
- New Romulus: "Ongoing Diplomatic Efforts" - 500
- Nukara Strikeforce: "Ongoing Strikeforce Aid" - 500
- Task Force Omega: "Elite Special Task Force Completion" - 1000
- Task Force Omega: "Ongoing War Efforts" - 500
- All Reputations: "Continued support (hourly)" - 340 in exchange for 15 reputation marks, 1000 expertise and 7500 Energy Credits. Also awards a requisition pack.
Continued support projects are more profitable than exchanging marks via "Ongoing Efforts" Projects in the long term as they offer a better mark to dilithium ratio (~1:23 vs 1:10) but need to be reslotted and filled once per hour for maximum efficiency.
Redemption[edit | edit source]
Ships[edit | edit source]
Ship and Shuttle Requisitions NPCs, also known as Ship Vendors, can be found at the shipyard section of the following locations:
- Lt. Laurel, Earth Spacedock, Sol System, Vulcan Sector
- Dant Kroll, Deep Space K-7, Sherman System, Aldebaran Sector
- Lt. Cmdr. Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer, Starbase 39, Sierra System, Sierra Sector
- Lt. Ship Vendor, Earth Spacedock (23rd Century), Sol System, Vulcan Sector
- Lt. Cmdr. Ship Vendor, Starfleet Academy (23rd Century), Sol System, Vulcan Sector
- Bekk Strenn, First City, Qo'noS System, Omega Leonis Sector Block
- Bekk Vranx, Ganalda Space Station, Ganalda System, Archanis Sector
- Centurion Maeka, Romulan Flotilla, Azure Sector
- Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer, New Romulus Command, New Romulus System, Azure Sector
- Starship and Shuttle Requisition console, Tactical level, Fleet Starbase, Aldebaran Sector/ Archanis Sector
- Lt. Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer, Hathon, Bajor, Bajor System, Bajor Sector
- Eclia, Deep Space Nine, Bajor Sector
- Ens. Ship Assignment Officer/ Docking Master, Fleet holding Deep Space K-13, 20 Draconis System, Draconis Sector
- Dominion Facility (tutorial-exclusive location)
- Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer, Delta Quadrant Command, Jenolan Dyson Sphere, Alsuran Sector
- Ship and Shuttle Requisitions officer, Dyson Sphere Joint Command, Solanae Dyson Sphere
- Ship Requisitions Officer, Fleet Spire, Solanae Dyson Sphere
Duty Officers[edit | edit source]
Season 5 Conversion[edit | edit source]
- Emblems (336 dilithium)
- Mark of Honor, Mark of Exploration, Mark of Valor (201.6 dilithium)
- All five Badges of Exploration and all five Medals (13.44 dilithium)
- Merits and Honor (0.168 dilithium)
Notes[edit | edit source]
Dilithium Vouchers[edit | edit source]
Q: What are “Fleet-Only Dilithium” and “Reputation-Only Dilithium”?
A: These are special Vouchers that fulfill the same purpose as existing Dilithium, but can only be used to fulfill Project requirements for the respective features, either Fleets or Reputations. These Dilithium Vouchers does not need to be refined, and cannot be traded for Zen. Projects that require Dilithium will deduct from the appropriate Voucher pool before deducting from your Refined Dilithium.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dilithium 101
- Path to F2P Dev Blog #7: Dilithium
- Path to F2P Dev Blog #11: The New Economy
- Path to F2P Dev Blog #16: Dilithium Exchange
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Dilithium at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Dilithium at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.