The Referral Program was a promotion run by Cryptic to attract new players to Star Trek Online. One recruited other players via the Star Trek Online website, after which they received a guest pass that allowed them to play for free. If that player then purchased the full game, the player that recruited them received awards. The rewards depended on how many players were recruited and whether they bought the game or subscribed for at least one month.
Following the launch of free-to-play, the referral program is no longer in operation.
Guest Pass[edit | edit source]
A player using a guest pass had a number of restrictions on their account:
- The guest could not trade player-to-player, send items via mail or use the Exchange.
- The guest could not send in-game tells except those on the friends list (but could receive all tells).
- The guest could not participate in zone chat.
- The guest could not send a friend request, or team/fleet invites (but could receive and accept them).
- The guest could not play beyond level 3, or access missions other than “Stranded in Space”, once outside of the tutorial.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
One Referral[edit | edit source]
If a recruit purchased a full copy the game, the player that referred them was rewarded with:
- The title Courier.
- A Holographic Tribble pet.
- A special power to allow the player/referrer to instantly travel to each other (first 30 days).
- A 5% Captain and Officer skill point bonus when the player and referrer were teamed up (first 15 days).
- A 5% damage bonus when the player and referrer were teamed up (first 15 days).
One Full Subscription[edit | edit source]
If a recruit went on to purchase at least one month's subscription to the game, the player that referred them received:
Five Full Subscriptions[edit | edit source]
If the player managed to recruit five players, all of which purchased at least one month's subscription, the player was rewarded with: