Q (or Q Junior) is the son of the omnipotent being known as Q.
Background[edit | edit source]
The Q are an immortal, near-omnipotent species who have the innate ability of instantaneous matter-energy transformation, teleportation, and time travel.
The Q evolved over millennia to what they consider a state of "ultimate purity". However, after doing nearly everything in existence several times, this led them to an apathetic attitude to the universe. One Q in particular, known as Q, took an active approach to humanity and put Jean-Luc Picard at the center of his trial of humanity. Over the years, he took a more playful approach in creating discord among Picard's and Kathryn Janeway's crews.
It was his encounters with Janeway that led Q into the Q Civil War. This directly led to Q having a "child" Q with another Q, Q. The child Q, distinguished by the name Q Junior, had some formative experiences on the U.S.S. Voyager (with Janeway as his godmother) and took after Q's more active approach to humanity (and other mortals); notably by encouraging mortals to celebrate his birthday and the winter holidays.
Missions involved (seasonal)[edit | edit source]
- “Welcome to Q's Winter Wonderland”: Q invites the player to a winter celebration.
- “Omega Molecule Stabilization”: Anniversary Event
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
- “State of Q”: Q sends the player back in time to the Battle of Wolf 359.
- “It's Q's Party”: One Year Anniversary Event
- “Benevolent BeQuest (Daily)”: One Year Anniversary Event
- “Party Crashers”: Second Year Anniversary Event
- “Present Patrol”: Third Year Anniversary Event
- “Party Patrol”: Anniversary Event
Accolades[edit | edit source]
There is an accolade related to talking to Q, e.g., during the Winter event, and being polymorphed by telling him to leave.
|Celebration: One Year!||Allow Q to polymorph you 5 times during the one year celebration of Star Trek Online.||100|