Egen Burren, a male Povini.
Planet of Origin:
History[edit | edit source]
- While they were a warp-capable civilization, the Povini remained on their homeworld and had no colonies or allies in the neighboring systems. Various factions fought amongst themselves from time to time, leading many Povini to fear they were on a brink of a global war.
- In 2410, when Tzenkethi forces entered the system and threatened to annihilate all life on Povin, the Povini put aside all their disputes and worked together to fight the alien invasion. They assembled a fleet of about fifty ships which consisted of not only military vessels, but also mining vessels, science vessels and luxury crafts. The Tzenkethi showed no mercy as they obliterated Povini starships, continuing with their attack even after the Povini signaled their surrender. During the battle, a Tzenkethi landing party beamed onto the surface of Povin and activated a protomatter bomb, destroying all life and rendering the planet uninhabitable.
- One of the vessels, the Bastion, survived the battle and was found by the Alliance and L.S.S. Reskava. Alliance members offered to assist the surviving Povini, and gave them coordinates of the Deep Space K-13, a nearby station where they would be safe.
- Eventually, the Lukari Concordium offered to help the Povini restore the biosphere on their homeworld as part of the Lukari Restoration Initiative. However, the Povini Council was unable to reach a decision whether they should reestablish Povin as it was during their "Golden Age" or as it was before the Tzenkethi attack.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Of Signs and Portents”: The player, accompanied by the I.K.S. Kor and L.S.S. Reskava, reaches the Mivic System shortly after the Tzenkethi attack. After analyzing the debris field, they pick up a scan from a surviving Povini vessel. After repairing the Bastion and rescuing several other Povini survivors from nearby escape pods, player gives the Povini Captain, Egen Burren, the coordinates for Deep Space K-13, and urges him to take his people to safety.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- Lukari Restoration Initiative reputation faction
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|