|This article or section is in need of an update|
This is a major work in progressPlease help out STO Wiki by adding the necessary changes!
Star Trek Online is available for PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One, though the feature set and benefits differ between PC users and console users.
General[edit | edit source]
- The PC, PS4 and XB1 game servers are entirely separate, with no way to share account data or transfer items between them. The PS4 and XB1 versions generally share an update and sales schedule, though sometimes they fall out of sync due to platform-specific technical or other problems.
- New content generally appears on PC first before being launched on console some months later, incorporating bug fixes at the same time. PC and console also have different dates for their Anniversary Events.
- Console players begin with their Energy credits capped at 2 billion; PC players begin with their cap at 15 million, and a cap increase must be purchased.
- Console players begin with a single Account Bank slot, while PC players do not.
- The Mission Journal on console shows the completion percentage for each story arc, while on PC it does not.
- Console players may earn Arc Points for completing various tasks, while PC players cannot.
Zen Store[edit | edit source]
- The Delta Operations Pack, Federation Basic Starter Pack, Legacy of Romulus Starter Pack, Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack and Steam Runner Bundle are available on PC, but not console.
- The Cross Faction Bundle, Federation Pack, Klingon Empire Pack, Romulan Legacy Pack, All Faction Mega Bundle,
- The Lifetime Subscription is available from the Zen Store on console for 25,000 ($250), while PC players must purchase it directly for $300. PC players receive a monthly stipend of 500 after purchasing it, while console players do not.
Items[edit | edit source]
- As the console ports launched much later than the PC version, many items that are no longer available on PC but still exist and may be traded among PC players were never available on console at all. These items include:
Ground[edit | edit source]
- On PC, players may position the entire away team at a specific location, or select individual officers and position them at different places. They can also be recalled individually or all at once. On console, players may only position and recall the entire away team at once.
Space[edit | edit source]
- On PC, players may click to distribute shield capacity evenly among the shield facings, or toward one specific shield facing. On console, players may only do the former.
- On PC, players may click the engine throttle with the mouse, allowing granular control, while on console, players may only set the throttle at Reverse, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% or Full Impulse/Quantum Slipstream. As a result, while PC players may use Full Impulse at any throttle setting, console players may only use Full Impulse while at full throttle.
- Simiarly, on PC, players may toggle the appearance of the subsystem power UI element and set the power levels granually, while on console, the subsystem power UI element only has one appearance and may only be toggled between four different presets.
- On console, several Ship devices, bridge officer abilities and Universal Console abilities may be set to autofire under various conditions. PC players lacks this feature.