- You may be looking for Paul Stamets (hologram).
History[edit | edit source]
Paul Stamets, together with Justin Straal, developed the spore drive technology and was a leading researcher investigating the Mycelial network. From 2256 to 2257 he served aboard U.S.S. Discovery under captains Gabriel Lorca, Philippa Georgiou, and Christoper Pike.
Stamets' scientific discoveries were used to end the Federation Klingon War of the mid-23rd century. Following the presumed destruction of Discovery in 2257, much of Stamets' life and research was classified by Starfleet Command.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Beneath the Skin” (memories only): Stamets' research and personality are used to program a holographic recreation of him to aid the Alliance in the Mycelial network. While in the network, the hologram is merged with an essence of Stamets left behind from his spore jumps, leading to him becoming a more complete, sentient recreation of himself.
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 1)”: Stamets appears as a simulacrum.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- Spores (mentioned only): Doctor Bashir, while hanging upside-down from a bundle of alien mycelium, discusses the interrelation between various fungi with Ezri Dax and Kuumaarke on comms. Dax mentions Stamets' theory on a multidimensional mycelial network, which Bashir suggests has merits.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The life and work of Paul Stamets seems to be still largely classified by the early 25th century. Likewise, the fate of U.S.S. Discovery likely remains a well-kept secret of Starfleet and the Federation.
- Paul Stamets only makes a brief appearance in “Beneath the Skin”, as his memories linger in the Mycelial network and are transferred into his holographic recreation. Most of these memories revolve around Stamets' encounters with the network from 2256-2257, as well as the loss and re-discovery of his husband Hugh Culber.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Paul Stamets at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Paul Stamets at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.