History[edit | edit source]
Nog was raised by his father, Rom, aboard Deep Space 9. As a boy, he worked in his Uncle Quark's bar. He later became the first Ferengi to join Starfleet, and returned to the station to serve as a Cadet, and later an Ensign.
Nog was involved in several battles during the Dominion War, including the Siege of AR-558, Operation Return, and the Battle of Cardassia. He was wounded in action on AR-558, losing a leg during the fighting there. By the end of the war in late 2375, his service had earned him a promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade which was delivered by Captain Benjamin Sisko in one of the Captain's last official acts as commanding officer of DS9.
When Geordi La Forge left the U.S.S. Enterprise-E to command the U.S.S. Challenger in 2397, Nog became the new Chief Engineer of the Enterprise. He was seen as an example to many Ferengi, and the 2396 class at Starfleet Academy included four Ferengi cadets.
By 2410, Nog has been promoted to Captain and given command of the U.S.S. Chimera.
Missions given[edit | edit source]
- “Quark's Lucky Seven”: Nog calls the player to DS9 to meet with him. He and the player form part of Quark's team to steal the Sword of Kahless back from the Iconians.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Field Promotions”: Nog responds to the player's distress call and helps destroy Captain Kadek's starship. When he is unable to raise the U.S.S. Khitomer, Nog gives the player a field promotion to Lieutenant.
- “Communication Breakdown”: After catching up with the Khitomer, Nog and the player are attacked by the Borg. Nog orders the player to finish scanning the Pollux System while his crew aids the crew of the Khitomer, which has been boarded by the Borg. Nog later sends the player to warn Vega Colony of the impending attack.
- “Assimilation of the Innocent”: After bringing the Chimera, Khitomer, Defiant, and Armitage to help destroy a Borg Cube in the Vega System, Nog compliments the player on handling the situation and orders the player to report to Earth Spacedock.
- “Romulan Imperial Minefield”: Nog assists the player in clearing Romulan Star Empire forces from an asteroid mining facility.
- “Time in a Bottle”: Nog brings one of his father's staffs of office to a meeting with Qwen aboard Drozana Station, where Qwen is attempting to sell a Krenim artifact. He is able to secure the artifact, and accompanies the player to the Kyana System in the U.S.S. Chimera to investigate its origins.
- “Broken Circle”: On Kyana Research Station, Nog confers with Seven of Nine and a Krenim scientist regarding the Krenim timeship weapon. After the player returns from the assault on the Herald Sphere, Nog wonders about the moral implications of using such a weapon.
- “Butterfly”: The Krenim-Iconian Resistance collaboration has succeeded in constructing the K.I.S. Annorax. Nog is coordinating the joint efforts of first modelling, and then executing the temporal incursion. After testing three scenarios in the holodeck of the Kyana research station, the timeship commanded by Nog and escorted by the player's ship as well as the R.R.W. Lleiset, performs a temporal incursion aiming for the third model scenario. After finding Romulus completely assimilated by the Borg Collective, Nog and the others are forced to reset the new timeline, however, not without inadvertently causing the Tuterian civilization to be extinct by 2410.
- “Midnight”: Nog commands the U.S.S. Chimera in defense of Earth during the Iconians' final assault. After the player succeeds in brokering peace with the Iconians, Nog meets the player at Starfleet Academy and discusses the rebuilding that will need to be done now that the war is over.
- “Storm Clouds Gather”: Nog escorts and advises the player at different stages of the mission.
- “Home”: Nog commands the Chimera in the defense of Empersa. He later speaks with the player at his uncle's bar, stating that he will be taking part in peacekeeping operations in Hur'q space and helping them rebuild their civilization.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Tales of the War #12": Captain Nog is working at a facility in the Kyana System. There, he must manage internal disputes among the joint team of Iconian Resistance and Krenim engineers to build Annorax's time ship and weapon. The team members, including Seven of Nine, A'dranna, and a Krenim named Noye, are not working well together under the immense pressures and time constraints of their project.
- "New Episode "Butterfly"": Nog records a personal log revealing his fear of the Iconians, and of the Krenim weapon he has helped build.
- "Of Hawks and Doves": Administrator Kuumaarke meets with Captains Nog and Tom Paris discuss the Lukari ship-building program, which Starfleet is providing assistance with. The specifications provided by the Lukari Planetary Council are contradictory, with some emphasizing weaponry and durability, and others focusing on sensor and long-range capabilities. After some discussion of the merits of each approach, they agree to try to find a middle path between the two sets of specifications.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Nog is voiced by Aron Eisenberg, the same actor who played him in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- In Q's Winter Wonderland, a consumable called [Nog's Nog] can be purchased from Neelix. The item description reads "A special brew created by Nog during his first year at Starfleet Academy. Some people think it tastes a little like root beer... if root beer had snails in it.".
- High level players can find Nog in the shipyard on DS9 near the ship selection terminal; he disappears after players complete "Home", however.
- At the end of the mission "Home", Nog can be seen in Quark's bar wearing his 24th-century Starfleet uniform with Lt. JG rank insignia (as seen in the final episode of DS9) instead of his 25th-century Captain's uniform.
- Nog is one of several canon characters the player assumes direct control over in "Quark's Lucky Seven". During the mission he uses an older 24th-century phaser rifle instead of a current-issue model.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Official Blog - Star Trek Online: Captain Nog Reporting for Duty!
- Nog at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Nog at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Official Blog - Star Trek Online: Tales of the War #12 (July 7, 2015)
- Official Blog - Star Trek Online: New Featured Episode (August 10, 2015)
- Official Blog - Aron Eisenberg Joins the Cast of Victory is Life! (April 6, 2018)