Nimbus III (or "The Planet of Galactic Peace") is the third planet in the Nimbus System located in the Hobus Sector. Although its capital Paradise City is open for people of any allegiance, Hassan the Undying and his Orion Syndicate control most of the planet.
- 1 System Description
- 2 Missions on Nimbus III
- 3 Locations
- 4 Accolades
- 5 Other involvement
- 6 Notes
- 7 External links
System Description[edit | edit source]
The cleanup effort was a failure, and the population rebelled constantly against anyone they saw as "authority". The last Starfleet officers were evacuated in 2318. Since then the planet has been a haven for criminal operations and unchecked violence.
Missions on Nimbus III[edit | edit source]
"Wasteland" storyline missions[edit | edit source]
- “Secrets of Nimbus”
- “The Lost City of Paradise”
- “Blind Men Tell All Tales”
- “The Undying”
- “A Fistful of Gorn”
- “Installation 18”
Daily missions[edit | edit source]
Open missions[edit | edit source]
- “Orion Syndicate Showdown”: Occurs outside the gates of Paradise City.
- “Legendary Desert Beasts”: Occurs in the Nimbus Desert.
- “Death From Below”: Occurs in the Ancient Ruins.
- “Orion's Path”: Occurs in the Stronghold Approach.
- “Prison Woes”: Occurs in the prison near the Stronghold.
- “Too Close to Home”: Occurs at the top of the Stronghold Approach.
- “The Last Stand in Gorn Canyon”: Occurs in the Gorn Canyon.
- “Secrets of the Tal Shiar”: Occurs at the Satellite Tower.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Paradise City[edit | edit source]
Paradise City, such as it is, is the capital and only main settlement of the planet Nimbus III. Established in 2267, Paradise City housed the representatives of the three governments in control of Nimbus III, the United Federation of Planets, the Romulan Star Empire and Klingon Empire.
After the collapse of Diplomatic negotiations and failure of the subsequent clean up efforts, control was lost to the populace, who were mostly undesirables and outcasts.
All missions for Nimbus III are obtained in locations inside the settlement, mostly the bar immediately in front of the main (and only) gate.
- Horace Jones
- Two of Eight
- Yamlon Nuk
- Dance Coordinator
- GPL Conversion Unit
- Decrepit Transporter
Nimbus Desert[edit | edit source]
Extending east of Paradise City, the desert is home to dangerous wildlife.
Ancient Ruins[edit | edit source]
Stronghold Approach[edit | edit source]
Located to the Northeast of Paradise City, the remains of a crashed starship serve as the approach to the stronghold of the Orion Syndicate. Hassan the Undying's stronghold, Shangdu, is located here, as is an outdoor prison used by the Syndicate.
Shangdu[edit | edit source]
Hassan's fortress contains a bar and combat arena. It is only accessible by playing “The Undying”.
Gorn Canyon[edit | edit source]
Located South of Paradise City, the canyon is under the control of a pack of Gorn separatists. They control the passage to the satellite installation.
Satellite Tower[edit | edit source]
Located to the far Southeast, this is the location of Installation 18, a secret Tal Shiar facility.
Installation 18[edit | edit source]
The facility is only accessible during “Installation 18”.
Accolades[edit | edit source]
A number of accolades can be obtained on Nimbus III:
- General Accolades - Nimbus III
- Exploration Accolades - Nimbus III
- Kill Accolades - Nimbus III
- Nimbus Accolade
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Tale of the Witch": General Rodek and his wife, B'irja, travel to Nimbus III in search of Adet'pa, a Klingon woman known locally as a "witch," who allegedly knows the truth about what happened during the duel between J'mpok and Martok in 2393.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Nimbus III was the fourth adventure zone added to Star Trek Online. Unlike the others, it is specifically designed for use by level 20-30 players. Players higher than this entering the zone will be scaled down accordingly.
- Nimbus III was featured in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
[edit | edit source]
|Details||Orion Syndicate • Orion • Ter'jas Mor • Nimbus III • Lilitu System|
|Ground Forces||Thug • Vixen • Brute • Enforcer • Matron|
|Starships||Interceptor • Orion Corvette • Corsair Flight-Deck Cruiser (Mob) • Brigand Cruiser • Marauder Battleship • Slavemaster Battleship • Warbarge Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Melani D'ian • Hassan the Undying • Onna • Thira • Thiral • Veddu|
|NPC starships||Coldstar • Dremken • Kolari • Manara • Selenn • Ureon • Weakened Battleship|
|Adventure- and Battlezones in Star Trek Online|
||Q's Winter Wonderland (Winter Event)||"Event" faction||Season Five: Call to Arms|
||Lohlunat Festival (Summer Event)||"Event" faction||Legacy of Romulus|
||Nimbus III||No specific faction||Legacy of Romulus|
||Borg Invasion of Defera||Task Force Omega||Season Five: Call to Arms|
||Tholian Incursion||Nukara Strikeforce||Season Six: Under Siege|
||New Romulus||New Romulus||Season Seven: New Romulus|
||Solanae Dyson Sphere (incl. Voth Battlezone)||Dyson Joint Command||Season Eight: The Sphere|
||Undine Battlezone||8472 Counter-Command||Season Nine: A New Accord|
||Kobali Prime||Delta Alliance||Delta Rising|
||Badlands Battlezone||Terran Task Force||Season Eleven: New Dawn|
||Tzenkethi Battlezone||Lukari Restoration Initiative||Season Twelve: Reckoning|
||Gamma Quadrant Battlezone||Gamma Task Force||Victory is Life|