Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
In 2387, the Narada was the first ship to discover the threat posed by the Hobus star. Working with Federation Ambassador Spock, Nero attempted to convince the Romulan Senate to destroy the star using red matter but they were unsuccessful.
After Hobus went supernova and Romulus was destroyed, Nero blamed the Federation - Spock in particular - for not doing enough to prevent the disaster. He had the Narada retrofit with Borg technology at The Vault, and then used it to wage a campaign of destruction against the Federation. Dozens of Starfleet vessels were destroyed in the NGC 1218 System, among others.
Spock was able to destroy the supernova with red matter, but both he and the Narada disappeared into the ensuing black hole. Their location is unknown.
Missions mentioned[edit | edit source]
- “Heading Out”: Nero's rampage is described by Damar Kahn.
- “Icari System Patrol”: Wreckage from the U.S.S. Fleming, one of the Starfleet ships destroyed by the Narada, is discovered embedded in several asteroids in the Icari System.
- “The Vault”: The player investigates the Vault, the station where the Narada was retrofitted.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The film Star Trek reveals that the Narada emerged in the year 2233 after traveling through the black hole, thus creating an alternate reality. There Nero captured Spock's ship, the Jellyfish, and used its red matter to destroy Vulcan. He attempted to do the same to Earth, but was ultimately defeated by the U.S.S. Enterprise.
- In the now removed mission “By Any Means”, Commander Neral cited the power of the Narada as the inspiration for the Star Empire's renewed interest in Borg technology: "Nero showed us the way."
[edit | edit source]
- Nero at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Nero (Romulan) at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
Romulan Star Empire (25th century)
|Details||Romulan Star Empire (25th century) • Romulan • Reman • Hirogen • Rator III • Gasko Station • Tal Shiar • Romulan History|
|Ground Forces||Romulan Analyst • Technician • Recruit (Romulan) • Uhlan • Sublieutenant Medic • Centurion • Centurion Engineer • Centurion Medic • Centurion Scientist • Subcommander • Subcommander Engineer • Subcommander Scientist • Commander • Romulan Captain|
|Starships||Romulan Shuttle • Scorpion Fighter • T'varo Light Warbird • Mogai Heavy Warbird • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Arranhu • Charva • Hakeev • Janek • Khaiel N'Vek • Khiana • Ruul • Sela • Taris • Tarsen|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Aethra • I.R.W. Areinnye • I.R.W. Esemar • I.R.W. Falcata • I.R.W. Khnial • I.R.W. Leahval • I.R.W. Rea • Sela's Armed Freighter • I.R.W. Sithesh|