Neelix is a Talaxian male, leader of the New Talax community, and Federation ambassador to the Delta Quadrant. He is best known for his tenure as the U.S.S. Voyager's Chef and guide while the ship was lost in the Delta Quadrant from 2371 to 2378.
History[edit | edit source]
In 2371 Neelix encountered the Federation starship U.S.S. Voyager when the ship was lost in the Delta Quadrant. After proving his knowledge of the region and his skill as a chef to Captain Kathryn Janeway, Neelix was allowed to join the crew as chef and guide to the Quadrant. Neelix would remain on Voyager during the next seven years, until meeting Dexa and joining her on an asteroid colony inhabited by a group of ca. 500 Talaxians located tens of thousands of lightyears away from their homeworld.
By 2410, the Talaxian community has grown to ca. 3,000 members and moved to a different asteroid colony in the Entaba System. Neelix has become the de-facto leader of the colony and is helping his fellow Talaxians find a new planet to call home. Upon the arrival of the Delta Alliance, Neelix was also made Federation Ambassador to the Delta Quadrant.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Reunion”: Players meet Neelix on the asteroid colony in the Entaba System and help him prepare the colony to travel to their new homeworld.
- “All That Glitters”: The player calls on Neelix for assistance in finding a neutral location for a diplomatic meeting with Gaul. He offers the use of the asteroid colony which is only sparsely populated after the migration to New Talax.
- “Alliances”: Neelix is tasked with persuading the Hazari to join the coalition of Delta Quadrant species in countering the threat of the Vaadwaur.
- “Takedown”: Neelix accompanies the Hazari as they and the other Delta Quadrant species launch a joint assault on Vaadwaur Prime to defeat Gaul and the Vaadwaur loyal to him once and for all. After the battle, the player speaks with Neelix about the events that led to the Vaadwaur's resurgence and defeat.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Q's Winter Wonderland (December & January each year): As Q has tasked him to "bake what no one had baked before", Neelix asks players to bring him recipes found in the “Winter Invasion” and ingredients scattered all over the area to create winter-themed foods. The food created with these recipes can be fed to any type of tribble to create a winter tribble. These tasks take the form of missions.
Outline[edit | edit source]
The Chef has taken over the winter event consumable foods section from the Holiday Item Vendor, and rather than being able to buy these items (as in previous years), you must collect recipes, and then collect, buy and or replicate certain ingredients to make these winter foods. The food created with these recipes can be fed to any type of tribble to create a winter tribble. These tasks take the form of missions.
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Recipes are required to make any of the winter event consumable foods. The recipes are found during the Winter Invasion PvE Defend the Gingerbread Colony mission. Note that a pop-up will appear on your screen when you are in close proximity to the recipe, and a green circle will appear on your map indicating the location. Once collected the recipes will appear in your inventory. When you've obtained a recipe, speak with the Chef to begin the mission and start collecting ingredients.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
After obtaining a recipe you need the ingredients to make/bake the food. There are three categories of ingredient.
1. Baking Ingredients.
Things such as Milk, Eggs, Cinnamon, Sugar. All these items are located throughout Q's Winter Wonderland. To find these locations bring up your map and look for the dotted circle areas.
After finding the baking ingredients for the food you are creating, you need one of the following types of ingredients.
2. Replicatable Ingredients.
Things such as Ferengi Snail Juice, Tranya, Root Beer, anything that you can replicate.
3. Purchasable Ingredients.
This covers ingredients you cannot replicate such as the Uttaberry or Ferengi Gree-Worms. These items are available on the exchange.
Once you have all necessary ingredients you can talk to the Chef and complete the mission and be rewarded with several of the food you have created and several holiday commodities such as Bolian Candles, Terran Holiday Ornaments and Targ Ear Muffs.
Food, Ingredients, Rewards[edit | edit source]
Note[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Details||Talaxian • New Talax • Entaba System|
|NPCs||Alix • Brexa • Dexa • Drexa • Ferix • Gnex • Jolex • Kalax • Maxin • Menex • Menux • Neelix • Nelaxia • Oxil • Wixen|
|NPC starships||Baxial • Wayfarer|