In 2387, it was the first ship to discover the threat posed by the Hobus star. Working with Ambassador Spock, Nero attempted to convince the Romulan Senate to destroy the star using red matter but they were unsuccessful.
After Hobus went supernova and Romulus was destroyed, Nero blamed the Federation - Spock in particular - for not doing enough to prevent the disaster. He had the Narada retrofit with Borg technology at The Vault, and then used it to wage a campaign of destruction against the Federation. Dozens of Starfleet vessels were destroyed in NGC 1218, among others.
Spock was able to destroy the supernova with red matter, but both he and the Narada disappeared into the ensuing black hole. Their location is unknown.
Missions mentioned[edit | edit source]
- “Heading Out”: The Narada's rampage is described by Damar Kahn.
- “Icari System Patrol”: Wreckage from the U.S.S. Fleming, one of the Starfleet ships destroyed by the Narada, is discovered embedded in several asteroids in the Icari System.
- “The Vault”: The player investigates the Vault, the station where the Narada was retrofitted.
Missions formerly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- “By Any Means”: Commander Neral cites the power of the Narada as the inspiration for the Star Empire's renewed interest in Borg technology.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The film Star Trek reveals that the Narada emerged in the year 2233 after traveling through the black hole, thus creating an alternate reality. There it captured Spock's ship and used its red matter to destroy Vulcan. It attempted to do the same to Earth, but was ultimately defeated by the U.S.S. Enterprise.
- The Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer and Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser, both Romulan vessels heavily modified with Borg technology, have design aesthetics heavily influenced by the appearance of the Narada.