Mission: The Helix
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Commander Temer informs the player of a group of Romulans that have taken up residence in the Suliban Helix. He asks the player to contact them to see if they need anything, and to ask them if they would be willing to join D'Tan in his search for a new homeworld.
Once there, the player is hailed by Captain Talek of the I.R.W. Sharrdar, whom is under orders to track down all terrorists of the Romulan Star Empire. After defeating him, the player contacts the Helix. A Suliban named Kaiyan believes the player is a member of the Tal Shiar. Once the misunderstanding is cleared, Kaiyan asks for help in repairing the Helix. In exchange, he will turn over the refugees to the player.
After restoring the station's arms, Kaiyan says that there is a refugee representative whom wishes to speak to the player. Her name is Satra, and at first she asks that they be taken to a different place to rebuild, but after assurances that they'll all be safe with D'Tan, she offers to serve as player's science officer.
After beaming the refugees aboard, another Tal Shiar battleship, the I.R.W. Koval arrives, looking to defeat the player. Once the battleship is taken care of, Kaiyan hails to thank the player for helping them out. He promises that he'll notify other Suliban that the Romulan Republic is standing up to the Tal Shiar, and provides contact information for a friendly trader.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission text[edit | edit source]
There are a lot of little settlements like yours out there. We're in contact with some of them, but we're always reaching out to try to make new alliances.
I've heard that a group of Romulans has taken up residence in a Suliban Helix in the Beta Quadrant. I'd like you to visit them. Feel them out, help them if you can, but most of all, find out if they would be willing to join D'Tan in his search for a new homeworld.
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Runaway Helix
- Go to Suliban Helix
- Answer Incoming Hail
- Defeat the I.R.W. Sharrdar
- Contact the Suliban Helix
- Recover Iconian Intel from the Helix (Delta Recruits)
- Restore Helix - Alpha Arm
- Restore Helix - Beta Arm
- Restore Helix - Delta Arm
- Defend Delta Arm
- Negotiate Transfer
- Transport Refugees
- Defeat the I.R.W. Koval
- Return to Sector Space
- Hail Temer to Report (Use Remote Contact from Personal Mission Menu)
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
NPC starships[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
Accolades[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Get||Points|
|Family Comes First||You took every chance you had to help search for Tovan Khev's sister at the Suliban Helix, on Gasko Station, and in the Ajlion System.[sic]||10|
Mission Replay[edit | edit source]
This mission is repeatable through Mission Replay, although the Rewards for completing will be reduced. Satra is not offered as a reward upon replay, even if she has been previously dismissed. Items scale to a player appropriate level (Scaling Rewards), as followed:
- [Personal Shield Mk II [Dis]] [Lv 6–9]
- You choose 1 of the following:
|40–49||Subadmiral I & II||1935||1856||?||X|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Missions in the story arc "From the Ashes" may neither be skipped nor shared with other captains. Minimum mission level determined via newly created Romulan Republic character with no boosts (event, fleet, Zen store, etc.).
- At the beginning of the mission, the initial Tal Shiar warbird I.R.W. Sharrdar may not properly recognize IFF (Identify Friend or Foe); consequently, the player may not be able to target the ship and complete that mission step. This may be an issue with the game engine vs the mission itself, as choosing "Abort Mission" and resuming it from sector space may resolve it.
- Due to their involvement in the Temporal Cold War, Tovan Khev suggests Suliban could also have information regarding Iconians. The player recovers a database from a time-worn cell ship, but not much is found. According to Subcommander Kail, by the 28th century, the Iconians have mostly disappeared from history.