Mission: The Cure Found/Walkthrough
Space[edit | edit source]
Mission Stages[edit | edit source]
1. The first part of the mission consists of defending the I.K.S. Kang from waves of assimilated Klingon ships spawned by the shipyards and associated Borg Cubes while simultaneously destroying said Cubes 2. The Captains then hail the I.K.S. Kang after all three Cubes are destroyed; it then warps out. 3. All Captains proceed to mop-up surviving Borg vessels. 4. An Assimilated Carrier warps in, which must be destroyed.
General Information[edit | edit source]
- In order to destroy the Cubes, you must first destroy the lower nanite probes (the ones closest to the shipyard) then the upper nanite probes in order to make the Cube vulnerable.
- As soon as an "upper nanite probe" is destroyed, defense ships will spawn: at normal difficulty two assimilated raptors; at advanced difficulty, two assimilated Negh'var.
- Once the first Cube is destroyed, the ships spawned at the other two locations change to Raptors. Once two Cubes are destroyed, the final one spawns waves of Negh’var battle cruisers.
- Player Captains are able to use healing abilities on the I.K.S. Kang. Tactical team in particular is recommended as the Kang will not manage its own shields.
Optional Objective[edit | edit source]
- Destroy all three cubes in under fifteen (15) minutes while not permitting the health of the I.K.S. Kang to drop below 75%
Tactical Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Players should pick one person to defend the I.K.S. Kang. An Escort with area-of-effect (AoE) attacks such as Ability: Cannon: Scatter Volley and Ability: Torpedo: Spread can fulfill this role quite adequately. A slightly superior choice is a Klingon Vo’quv class carrier, as these ships excel at killing multiple weak targets such as the waves of Birds-of-Prey. Carriers can also equip crowd-control bridge officer abilities such as Gravity Well.
- The other four players are responsible for destroying all nanite probes in the system, ignoring ALL other targets save the Negh’vars and Raptors that decloak as previously mentioned.
- Best way to destroy the probes is from below, out of range of the Cube. However, the shipyards may obstruct some probes in certain positions, requiring some maneuvering skill in order to quickly change position without entering the Cube's range.
- Upon warping into the system, the player assigned to guard the Kang should assume their station while all others head to the left gate and begin killing probes.
- Once all probes are destroyed, it is necessary to kill the three cubes SIMULTANEOUSLY. There are two main strategies for doing this:
- Once the last group of probes is destroyed, the four players formerly on probe duty all attack the Cube until it is at 20% health, then leave one ship to ‘guard’ it and keep it at a low health. This is recommended for a low DPS team, since it is very easy to kill the Cube by accident or with an unlucky critical hit. This is a disastrous outcome.
- Alternatively, particularly if the team has three or more Escorts, the team should split up and attack the three cubes without using buffs so as to avoid excessive DPS until all cubes are wounded and ready to die.
- Additionally, be careful to keep your distance from any wounded Cubes, as the warp-core breach from a destroyed starship can destroy the Cube if it is close enough.
- Upon command from the Commodore (team lead), destroy all Borg Cubes.
- Hail the I.K.S. Kang immediately so that it warps out of the system and away from any attackers. The ship hailing the Kang must be out of combat.
- Destroy any and all remaining Borg vessels.
- Destroy the Assimilated Carrier.