Mission: Tenebris Torquent
- [Ketracel White] x20
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Arriving at Havas-Kul, they find the planet abandoned but with significant subterranean development and technology. The atmosphere in the tunnels isn't breathable so the team don EV Suits before beaming down. Shortly after establishing their basecamp, the team is attacked by a Hur'q and fall through the caverns. Now separated, the player works their way through the tunnels learning more about the Hur'q. While the player manages to escape further encounters with the Hur'q that attacked the team, and meet up again with their officers, Bashir and Garak, most of the crewmen from the Defiant are picked off one by one.
Eventually the player gathers the data necessary for Bashir to deduce that the fungus the Hur'q depended upon, which the Dominion removed, was a precursor of Ketracel White. This is then confirmed by the Female Changeling who beams down with Weyoun, Loriss, Dukan'Rex, and some guards. After admitting that her attempt to enslave the Hur'q made them go wildly out of control, Odo reveals himself (hidden amongst Garak's equipment) and challenges her. The Female Changeling orders everyone, including Odo, executed. Garak counters with his own Hur'q signalling device; calling the Hur'q not to Havas-Kul, but Empersa.
Suddenly, the Hur'q from earlier arrives and attacks the Female Changeling, killing her. The team then are forced to take out the Hur'q. Weyoun is determined to carry out the orders to kill them, especially since his Founder is dead. Loriss and Dukan'Rex side with Odo, winning over the Jem'Hadar guards. The team escape through some Hur'q ships in orbit before proceeding to Empersa.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission text[edit | edit source]
Goal[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
NPC starships[edit | edit source]
Accolades[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Get||Points|
|Game Over Man||Discover the body of Kira's crewman in Tenebris Torquent||After Williams is taken by the Hur'q Mutant, go up the central anti-gravity pillar to the tunnels above. Next to the data crystal is Williams' body. Interact with it for the accolade.||10|
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Hur'q Mutant attacks
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tenebris Torquent was released on June 5, 2018 as part of the Victory is Life expansion.
- The episode title, Tenebris Torquent, is Latin for dark twist (or an approximation there on). This mirrors the on-screen message after the anti-gravity tunnels referring to dark, twisting passages.
- Garak mentions how he is not fond of dark, narrow passages; referencing his claustrophobia and time in Internment Camp 371. (By Inferno's Light)
- The second data crystal the player needs to collect is not found on the ground level, like the other crystals, but can be accessed via the antigravity zone which leads to a series of ducts above the normal corridors.
- The fates of Crewmen Ishimura, Kane, Weir, and Williams reflect the Star Trek redshirt trope: being previously unmentioned low ranking crew who are rapidly killed off to add drama. Their fates in being picked off one by one in a dark, hostile environment also mirror the fate of the engineering team in the DS9 episode Empok Nor. Each also appears to be a reference to the horror, or sci-fi horror genre. Similarly, the accolade for discovering Williams' body ("Game over, man!") is a quote from the movie Aliens.
- After everyone warps out, the screen fades to black and the words 'To Be Continued...' are shown.
[edit | edit source]
|Dominion Storyline Episodes|
|Engineered for War||“Hunt” • “Ceremony” • “Turn the Tide”|
|DSC Starfleet Storyline Episodes|
|Tutorial||“Graduation Day (DSC)” • “Routine Maneuvers” • “Trial by Fire” • “The Shadow Knows” • “Children of War” • “Reporting In”|
|Side Content: The Galaxy at Large|
|Spectres||“Spectres” • “Skirmish” • “Spin the Wheel” • “What Lies Beneath” • “Everything Old is New” • “Night of the Comet”|
|Wasteland||“Secrets of Nimbus” • “The Lost City of Paradise” • “Blind Men Tell All Tales” • “The Undying” • “A Fistful of Gorn” • “Installation 18”|
(Still part of main episode progression for Romulan Republic players.)
|Lost Dominion: The 2800||“Lost Dominion” • “Second Wave” • “Of Bajor” • “Operation Gamma” • “Facility 4028” • “Boldly They Rode”|
|Cold War||“Cold War (wrapper)” • “Cold Call” • “Out in the Cold” • “Cold Comfort” • “Cold Case” • “Cold Storage”|
|Delta Quadrant||“Kobali Crisis Act I” • “Kobali Crisis Act II” • “Kobali Crisis Act III”|