Mission: Shadow Play/Walkthrough
The mission is very straightforward
Upon entering the system you will be greeted with a planetary shielding protected by 1 Romulan warbird, be aware as this ship has large durability and is equipped with tractor beam arrays and will fire overloaded plasma torpedoes often.
- Tactical Advice: The I.R.W. Rea is one of the first big challenges new players face. It uses its Tractor Beams to hold you in place while launching a barrage of plasma torpedoes. The Plasma Damage gives damage over time, so even when you are no longer being hit by them, they will continue to damage you.
- Tractor beams are only effective within 5km, so remain more than 5km away from the ship.
- Use hull healing powers (i.e. Engineering Team or Miraculous Repairs) to repair you hull and clear the ongoing plasma damage.
- Hazard Emitters can also clear plasma damage.
- The Plasma torpedoes can be destroyed before they hit you. When you see a barrage start, trigger Beams: Fire at Will to take them out.
- You can try to cheese the fight with mines: Just keep kiting the Rea outside of its tractor beam range and it will fly right into the mines you drop. Mines do a percentage of damage past shields, so the Rea's shields do not have to be dropped first.
- If you continue to experience difficulties with the mission, review your ship's build; i.e. are your weapons and other gear the appropriate mark for your rank. You can seek advice from the community on the Official Forums and the Star Trek Online Builds Subreddit.
Upon destroying the Romulan vessel get close and beam down to the colony, you will be directed to one of the council leaders of the colony, she will ask you to speak with the representatives of the Romulan Republic and the Romulan Empire in order to offer your opinion on who the colony should support.
After speaking to both representatives return to the council leader and choose from the 4 possible options presented (your choice has a small affect on the mission, see below).
You will be directed to a survivor from the Virinat colony who will ask you to check the colony for evidence
Once on board your ship you will be greeted by another Romulan warbird, similar to the first one but with less durability (outcome of the previous choice is as follows: join the Republic - a Republic ships helps you, join the Romulan Star Empire - fight the Romulan ship solo after they thank you for the help and the Republic vessel ridicules you , stay neutral /follow your heart and instincts - a Republic ships asks if you want their assistance).
Once you warp out to Viridan, scan both debris and beam down to the colony.
Once in the colony use the following map as guide to complete the accolade Virinat lore item location
Follow your map in order to scan the items to obtain evidence and return to your ship
You will be directed to New Romulus where you will face an Elachi fleet, you have the support of multiple small ships, although your main objective is to destroy the command ship it is recommended to focus on destroying the Battleships first as it will narrow the targets for your fleet
The Elachi command ship is heavily armed and will be able to knock out your facing shields followed by a torpedo spread, the best tactic is either stay behind her or circling around her, upon destruction of the ship the mission concludes