Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Mission: The Power Source
The player must complete (or replay) this mission in order to gain access to the Underground Ruins, which is required in order to complete “Secrets of the Ancients”.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The player and their away team enters the Underground Ruins (as requested by D'Tan in “Latest Findings”) and studies geological instabilities, Dewan artifacts, and Tholian equipment. Eventually they reach the end and must shut down the ancient Dewan power plant before the Tholians inadvertently trigger another seismic event.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission Text[edit | edit source]
<Rank>, we've detected a power source under the Hwael Ruins.
The location is a series of lava tubes that lead to an underground volcano, but the energy readings are not geothermic in origin. We need to learn more, but the mineral content of the lava tubes is affecting our sensors, and a probe simply won't be able to do the kind of tests we need.
I know it's dangerous, but would you be willing to explore the area? You and your team will need to use environmental suits – the heat and pressure would be too much for anyone but a Tholian.
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Explore the Lava Tubes Under the Hwael Ruins
- Underground Ruins
- Read Mission Briefing
- Investigate Lava Tubes
- Take and Activate EV Suits (or Activate Your Own)
- Scan Geological Instabilities (5/5)
- Scan Mysterious Artifacts (3/3)
- Shut Down the Power Plant
- Prevent Power Plant from Overloading
- Defeat the Tholian Captain
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Tholian[edit | edit source]
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.
- For a walkthrough of this mission, visit the Walkthrough page.
Map[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This mission was once only available to players who have completed Tier 4 of the Romulan Reputation System prior to the Agents of Yesterday Artifacts update.
- Preventing the powerstation for overloading will result in a bonus of romulan marks.
- Tip: DO NOT exit the Cave when the mission is complete. Turn in the mission and pick up the next one "Secret of the Ancients". Signal D'Tan, File the Report, then exit the Cave.
|New Romulus Missions|
“New Romulus Aid” • “Staging Area” • “Warehouse” • “The Atlai” • “Vastam Peaks” • “Mountain Base” • “Paehhos Crater” • “Overgrown Caves” • “Hwael Ruins” • “The Power Source”
“New Romulus: Isha Forest Epohh Collection”
|Reputation System Missions|
“Hidden Camera” (Tier I) • “Secret Shuttle Codes” (Tier II) • “Web Access” (Tier III) • “Latest Findings” (Tier IV) • “Secrets of the Ancients” (Tier V)
|Duty Officer Assignments|
Epohh Collection: “Research Tagged Epohhs” • “Raise Epohh Pup” • “Raise Epohh Moppet” • “Raise Epohh Adult”