Mission: Mycelial Realm
- 30 Appointment Progress
- Discovery Marks
- Fleet Marks
Mycelial Realm is a ground Task Force Operation requiring a team of five, available in Normal version for level 10-65 players.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
J'Ula of House Mo'Kai has deployed more probes to the Mycelial network. These probes release hargh'peng radiation, which poisons the network and its inhabitants, and could lead to destruction of life in all universes. It also provides J'Ula with mutated spores, which she needs to power her dangerous new weapon.
Players are tasked with disabling the probes. To safely disarm them, players need to lure nearby Tardigrades into eating the overgrowth that is covering the probes. At the same time, forces of corrupted Elachi soldiers will attempt to stop them.
Once all four islands have been cleared of corruption, players will be transported to a nearby Elachi outpost, where they'll have to defeat the corrupted Elachi commanders and deactivate the station before a cloud of poisonous gas can be released into the network.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Briefing 1:00
- Entice a Tardigrade
- Defeat Elachi Scouting Force
- Travel to the Tardigrade Fields
- Disable Klingon Probes
- Disable Probes in the Tardigrade Fields (0/2) 3:00
- Disable Probes in the Elachi Outpost (0/3) 3:00
- Disable Probes at the Pool of Memories (0/3) 3:00
- Disable Probes in the Darkening Jungle (0/4) 3:00
- Stop the Deranged Elachi
- Go to the Elachi Outpost 0:30
- Defeat Elachi Captains
- Disable Elachi Computers (0/2)
- Don't Allow Bioforming Gas Release
- Return from the Mycelial Realm
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Corrupted Elachi Grunt
- Corrupted Elachi Researcher
- Corrupted Elachi Scanner
- Corrupted Elachi Beta
- Corrupted Elachi Predator
- Corrupted Elachi Primus
- Corrupted Elachi Secundus
- Corrupted Elachi Tertius
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Disable Klingon Probes objective
- This objective uses the same mechanic as the one in “Beneath the Skin”, so it is suggested to play the mission before trying out the new Task Force Operation. Each player should entice a Tardigrade. After that, the Tardigrade will follow you around, even when you move from island to island. To disable the probe, you will need to approach it and wait for your Tardigrade to arrive. Once the Tardigrade is done consuming the spore overgrowth covering the probe, a player will have to deactivate the probe, which can be any player, not necessarily the same one who brought their Tardigrade to uncover the probe. It takes a few seconds to deactivate a probe, which will be interrupted if the player working on it is attacked. Using cloaking may give a better chance not to be attacked. Unlike in the mission, in this TFO the Tardigrade won't have to be enticed again after the probe is disabled - it will remain by your side permanently until the end of the match.
- On each island players will have 3 minutes to deactivate all probes. This is an optional objective - if it fails, it will autocomplete and you'll be able to move on to the next part. Completing it, however, will increase your mark rewards.
Stop the Deranged Elachi objective
- There are three commanders, named Corrupted Elachi Primus, Secundus, and Tertius, in the area. At any given time, only one of them will be vulnerable. The other two will be protected by a green overshield. This is similar (although it does not share the same effect) to the mechanic used in “What's Left Behind”.
- Note that there is a bug that sometimes causes 2 Elachi commanders to be both invulnerable after the first commander is killed. There is a workaround, which is to ensure that both commanders are out of combat, which includes no combat with any player pets or fabrications. To achieve this, players may coordinate in "Team" chat channel to stop deploying pets and fabrications, and all move to the original spawn point on the island.
- To prevent the bioforming gas from being released, players will have to keep deactivating two Elachi consoles at the center of the island. If a gas is released - it will cause significant damage to players likely killing them, although it is still possible to deactivate the consoles afterwards. A progress bar for each of the consoles will appear beneath the "Mission Tracker" tab. Once a console is disabled, an Elachi Scanner will beam into the area to enable it again. Kill the Scanner and disable the console again, and keep repeating this until the progress bar reaches 0, after which Elachi Scanners will no longer beam to the console, so it will stay permanently disabled until the end of the match. It takes a few seconds to disable a console, which will be interrupted if the player working on it is attacked. Using cloaking may give a better chance not to be attacked.
Accolades[edit | edit source]
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.