Mission: Infected/Walkthrough space
|Timeline Change Imminent!|
This article contains information that may not apply to the current version of Star Trek Online. Please refer to the updated version of this page here for a more up-to-date walkthrough of the mission. It is provided only for historical purposes.
Mission Outline[edit | edit source]
1. Initial Borg patrols are defeated.
2. Optional Objective timer begins (All mission objectives must be completed in 15 minutes).
3. Nanite generators (4 per transformer) are destroyed. Two spheres will warp in after the first two generators are destroyed, and the destruction of generators begins the process of nanite probes and spheres, which heal the transformer, warping in.
4. Nanite transformer(s) is/are destroyed.
5. Borg Tactical Cube warps in.
6. Tactical Cube & Gate are destroyed to complete mission.
General Tactics & Suggestions[edit | edit source]
- Gravity Well, Eject Warp Plasma and Tractor Beam Repulsors are all quite effective at slowing down incoming nanite probes and spheres.
- It is recommended to focus on destroying the Tactical Cube and any remaining Borg ships before destroying the gate. It is generally easier to destroy the spheres before attacking the Tactical Cube.
- Klingon Carriers with Power Siphon drones are extremely effective against the Tactical Cube: one good carrier skipper can quite literally turn the Tactical Cube into a defenseless, offensively impotent target drone.
Normal vs Elite[edit | edit source]
- Normal has one sphere protecting each transformer/generator set initially and elite has 1 cube (subsequent reinforcements are spheres).
- NPCs are lv45 (normal) and 53 (elite).
Tactical Walkthrough / Optional Strategy (The 10% Rule)[edit | edit source]
1. After clearing out the initial patrols, the timer will start. Head over to one of the gates and quickly destroy the Sphere (normal) or Cube (elite) guarding the nanite transformer.
2. The team should split up and bring each of the four nanite generators to 10% of max health, WITHOUT destroying any of the four generators feeding nanites into the transformer. On either the left or right side not both *many fail optional due to fighting over which and it does not matter and some one playing lone wolf becuase they are used to starting on the other side*
- On command of the team lead, destroy all four nanite generators simultaneously.
- IMMEDIATELY have all ships focus fire on the transformer, using all available DPS-boosting abilities. The goal is to destroy the transformer before the spheres that spawn can get into range to heal it.
3. After the transformer is destroyed, all ships should clean out the Borg vessel that entered the system.
4. Repeat Steps 1-3 for the other transformer.
5. After both transformers are destroyed, a Tactical Cube will warp in. The team should have a science vessel use disabling abilities such as Target Shields Subsystems, Target Weapons Subsystems, or Tyken's Rift to neutralize the Cube as quickly as possible. If available, Klingon carriers with Power Siphon drones can effectively neutralize the tactical cube in short order by deploying drones and then leaving the Tactical Cube's range envelope.
6. Focus all fire on the Tactical Cube, then the Gate to complete the optional objective with time to spare.