Mission: Ground Zero
Mission Text[edit | edit source]
How much do you know about the destruction of Romulus, <rank>?
The supernova acted counter to almost all we know about this type of phenomena. The initial explosion converted the mass of the planets it consumed into energy, which then travelled through subspace. Ultimately, the Romulus System was destroyed, and along with it, the Romulan homeworld.
Unchecked, the force of this chain reaction detonation could have threatened the entire quadrant. It was Ambassador Spock who sealed the rift by using red matter to create an artificial black hole.
Admiral Janeway conducted the first scientific survey of the Hobus system in 2388. Since then, we've been sending ships out on a regular basis to survey the system and attempt to determine a cause for what happened.
I need you to conduct your own investigation. Perhaps, after all this time, the U.S.S. <shipname> will be the one to solve the mystery.
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Scientific Survey
- Advanced Research
- Moon Patrol
- Go To Hobus I
- Scan Power Conduits (0/3)
- Collect Decalithium Sample
- Collect Protomatter Sample
- Collect Tekasite Sample
- Consult with Away Team
- Mission of Mercy
- Repair Power Systems
- Diasble North Conduit
- Reduce Power to West Conduit
- Increase Power to East Conduit
- Defeat Reman Groups at East Conduit (0/2)
- Defeat Karatek at East Conduit
- Return to Ship
- Repair Power Systems
- No Good Deed
- Go To The Hobus System
- Defeat Supporting Waves (0/2)
- Defeat the IRW Sithesh
- Depart System
- Report to Starfleet
Accolades[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Get||Points|
|Destruction Detective||Discover the cause of the Romulan supernova||Available after completing “Taris”||10|
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
Mission Replay[edit | edit source]
- You choose 1 of the following:
|40–49||Rear Admiral LH & UH||1935||1856||X|
Strategy Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hobus System is in the Devron Sector of Iota Pavonis Sector Block.
- "Moon Patrol": the samples are very well hidden. The Decalithium is in some crates just east of the north conduit, the tekasite is in some canisters some distance north-northeast of the west conduit, and the protomatter is in a blue strip just southeast of the east conduit.