Mission: Cold Storage
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
In the Lae'nas System the Breen try to take the third planet from the Alpha Jem'Hadar. Several skirmishes in orbit of Lae'nas III are taking place when the player enters the system. After eliminating enemy presence in orbit of the planet, the player beams down to search for the archive.
On the surface, several Preserver relics can be found, which ultimately guide the player to an intact Preserver Obelisk, marking the entrance to the underground archive. However, the Breen are already all over the planet as well as inside the archive and are offering heavy resistance to the away team.
Inside the underground caverns, the player has to defeat the invaders and must solve an ancient puzzle based on sound in order to get access to the archive. The archive itself is in fact a cryogenic storage, where many Preservers are hibernating. The Preserver Guardian explains that there are enough Preservers in this underground realm to repopulate and maintain their species. They are looking forward to see what the child races have achieved in their absence.
The advanced technology that the Breen and the player are looking for is revealed to be the genetic codes of all humanoid species in the Milky Way, which the guardian is willing to share freely. In the archive there is nothing of interest to the Breen, especially not the weapons Trel is seeking. Enraged by this revelation, Thot Trel is determined to destroy the whole facility. The player has to fight him and his troops to secure the archive.
In the aftermath of the battle, the Deferi are entering the system and beaming down to the planet with a science team to begin studying the archive.
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission Text[edit | edit source]
Our scientists have consulted with your commanders and they concur with your crew's theory.
If there is an intact Preserver library, it is likely to be located in the Lae'nas system. I suggest that you begin your search on Lae'nas III. It has a climate very similar to Defera. If the Preservers settled here eons ago, it is possible that they would have chosen a similar world for this facility.
Please, be safe, but be quick. Long range sensors have detected Breen vessels in the space near the Lae'nas system. I fear that they have made the same conclusions we have. You must find the Preserver technology before they do!
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Scavenger Hunt
- Go To Lae'nas System
- Defeat Hostile Squadrons (0/3)
- Beam Down to Lae'nas III
- Enter the Archive
- Go To Lae'nas III
- Investigate Buried Object
- Locate the Source of Power Fluctuations
- Find Neutrino Emitter
- Investigate Temporal Probe (Temporal Agent)
- Locate the Preserver Archive
- Scan the Obelisk
- Secure the Obelisk (0/2)
- Examine Scan Results
- Enter the Archive
- To Protect and Preserve
- Go To Lae'nas III - Obelisk Complex
- Defeat Breen Invaders (0/4)
- Use Consoles to Access the Archive
- Defend the Access Consoles
- Activate the Archive
- Talk to the Preserver Archivist
- Listen to Breen Captain
- Protect the Archive
- Defeat Breen Attack Groups (0/4)
- Defeat Breen Captain
- Talk to Deferi Science Team
- Speak with Temporal Agent Crey (Delta Recruits)
- Depart System
- Report to Ambassador Surah
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
Preserver[edit | edit source]
Deferi[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Breen[edit | edit source]
NPC starships[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Alpha Jem'Hadar[edit | edit source]
Breen Confederacy[edit | edit source]
- There are no accolades specific to this mission.
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
Mission Replay[edit | edit source]
- You choose 1 of the following:
|48–49|| Rear Admiral UH
Feature Episode Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fifth of five missions of the first Feature Episode The Breen released in fall 2010. Later retitled Cold War, the missions are currently available for all factions, forming the Breen Invasion storyline episode.
- The mission is part of the Feature Episode re-runs, and as such eligible for limited time, special mission rewards.
- The reward for completing the first Featured Episode Series before 3am PDT on October 14th was a [Breen Tactical Officer Candidate].
- For the first Feature Episode Rerun week (May 5–11, 2011) new mission rewards were added to this episode, including making the rewards previously only available through mission replay available for selection on the first run, adding the [Dialectric Oscillation Resilient Shields] (a permanent addition to the mission rewards) and adding the choice of level-appropriate badges for the duration of the Rerun week. The special [Breen Tactical Officer Candidate] reward was available during the Replay week as well.
- During the fourth Feature Episode re-run (October 31 to December 5, 2013) the mission was eligible for the daily Lobi Crystal reward (once 15 per player account and day). Also the [Breen Tactical Officer Candidate] was again available as reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- For the "Defeat Hostile Squadrons" objective, there are three groups of hostiles near the planet to defeat.
- Activate the consoles in the following order: East, West, Center (Low Tone, Mid Tone, High Tone).
- For the "Defend the Access Consoles" objective, there are three waves of Breen to fight off.
- During the end battle if you are an engineer class you can erect a cover shield on the walkway while Thot Trel is speaking with the preserver. This will block him from moving/attacking and allow you to take care of the other Breen forces.
- The console used to Activate the Archive, is actually part of the mission's Delta Objective.
- Players participating in the Delta Recruitment Event will see their factions' temporal investigations contact appear along with the Deferi research team once Thot Trel is defeated. Speaking with this contact will begin a cutscene that brings the events of the Delta Recruit story full-circle and provides two final rewards.
|Dominion Storyline Episodes|
|Engineered for War||“Hunt” • “Ceremony” • “Turn the Tide”|