Mission: Battle at the Binary Stars
January 23, 2019 (PC TFO)
January 22, 2019 (Consoles FTFO)
The Battle at the Binary Stars is one of the most important historic battles between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. Every cadet studies it at Starfleet Academy, though it has been purely in a historical context until now. The threat of temporally-displaced rogue Klingon starships, led by the legendary J’Ula, has brought a need for understanding 23rd century battle tactics to the attention of Alliance admiralties.
In Battle at the Binary Stars, five players are tasked with participating in a Holodeck reenactment of the infamous Battle at the Binary Stars.
Battle at the Binary Stars was launched as a Featured Task Force Operation in November 2018. In January 2019 it returned as a standard Task Force Operation before being removed again with the release of Rise of Discovery in May 2019, to possibly return in the future as a time limited event.
Mission Objectives[edit | edit source]
- We Come in Peace
- We Hailed, They Fired
- Weather the renewed Klingon assault 4:30
- [Optional] Destroy Ships:
- 20 (0/20)
- 40 (20/40)
- 60 (40/60)
NPC starships[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
Federation[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Klingon[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Player ships are randomly disguised as one of the following vessels which took part in the canonical Battle of the Binary Stars:
- The mission re-uses dialogue from the titular episode, with excerpts from Philippa Georgiou, Brett Anderson, and T'Kuvma throughout.
- When first launched as a FTFO, it was accompanied by a 14 day Reputation project which when completed gave Dilithium, Marks, and Featured Task Force Operations Reward Boxes, as well as the unique [Beacon of Kahless].
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Battle of the Binary Stars at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Developer Blog - Featured TFO: The Battle at the Binary Stars