- This article is about the Borg Advance mission. Missions with the same name include the former Federation Tour of Duty Mission: Assimilation (Tour of Duty), and the original pre-Season 9 Undine Advance Mission: Assimilation (Undine Advance).
Outline[edit | edit source]
Mission Text[edit | edit source]
Borg ships have also been detected in this area. While there are no populated systems in danger there, we still need to know why the Borg and the Undine have escalated their conflict now.
Go find the Borg sphere that took the Undine from Kessik IV. The answers we need will be there.
Goal[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Go To Deep Space NCG-4447
- Scan Undine Debris
- Defeat the Borg
- Defeat Reinforcement
- Follow the Borg
- Secure the Area
- Defeat the Borg (0/2)
- Defeat the Undine (0/2)
- Secure the Area
- Borg, Interrupted
- Prevent the Borg From Capturing the Undine Ship
- Beam to Borg Cube to Investigate
- The Cube
- Investigate Borg Cube
- Download Borg Data (0/3)
- Gather Iconian Tech (Delta Recruits)
- Lower Force Field
- Guinea Pigs
- Resistance Not Futile
- Tactical Briefing
- Destroy the Borg Cube
- Depart System
- Report to Captain Nicholas Martin / Captain K'rav
Accolades[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Name||Description||How to Get||Points|
|The Impossible||Gather information from the partially assimilated Undine||Scan the Undine on the examination tables.||25|
|Futility Refuted||Prevented the Borg Cube from Transmitting Data to Collective||Complete the mission||10|
- There is no walkthrough for this mission, yet. You can help STOWiki by writing it here.
Mission Replay[edit | edit source]
|46–49|| Rear Admiral UH
Notes[edit | edit source]
- New episode released as part of Season Nine: A New Accord on April 22, 2014 and integrated into the revamped episode Borg Advance, combining the previous episodes Borg Collective and Undine Advance.
- Assimilation is a significantly reworked version of the previous Undine Advance mission “Assimilation (Undine Advance)”. It includes a complete revamp of the Borg Cube interiors used in the two ground sections The Cube (replacing The Maze) and Guinea Pigs, removing all Assimilated Undine Guards and many Partially Assimilated Undine from the latter section.
- The original The Impossible accolade – requiring to scan eight Partially Assimilated Undine – has been replaced with a much simpler, single scan in the fourth room of the Cube, during the Guinea Pigs section.
- The original Assimilated story accolade given on the space map has been replaced with a new Assimilated general accolade, for becoming assimilated by the Borg on any Borg ground map.
- If you are quick enough, after you disconnect the Undine from the Borg devices you can actually revive them as they count as downed allies. They don't do anything though, just stand there and sniff the air.
- At the end of the mission, your objective is to destroy the Borg cube but the Undine will do it for you.
- There's a minor Easter egg in this mission. When you arrive in the room that contains the Undine parts in vats, if you move near any of them with Borg eyes parts installed and swing your camera so that it's as if you're looking away from the head, its eyes will light up red:
|Dominion Storyline Episodes|
|Engineered for War||“Hunt” • “Ceremony” • “Turn the Tide”|
|DSC Starfleet Storyline Episodes|
|Tutorial||“Graduation Day (DSC)” • “Routine Maneuvers” • “Trial by Fire” • “The Shadow Knows” • “Children of War” • “Reporting In”|
|Return of Discovery||“Para Pacem” • “Illusion of Communication”|
|Side Content: The Galaxy at Large|
|Spectres||“Spectres” • “Skirmish” • “Spin the Wheel” • “What Lies Beneath” • “Everything Old is New” • “Night of the Comet”|
|Wasteland||“Secrets of Nimbus” • “The Lost City of Paradise” • “Blind Men Tell All Tales” • “The Undying” • “A Fistful of Gorn” • “Installation 18”|
(Still part of main episode progression for Romulan Republic players.)
|Lost Dominion: The 2800||“Lost Dominion” • “Second Wave” • “Of Bajor” • “Operation Gamma” • “Facility 4028” • “Boldly They Rode”|
|Cold War||“Cold War (wrapper)” • “Cold Call” • “Out in the Cold” • “Cold Comfort” • “Cold Case” • “Cold Storage”|
|Delta Quadrant||“Kobali Crisis Act I” • “Kobali Crisis Act II” • “Kobali Crisis Act III”|