We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Mission: Arena of Sompek
The Arena of Sompek is a PvE Queue in which 5 players enter a Klingon holodeck on Qo'noS to train in one of the Empire’s oldest traditions, the qaD HoS - an endless battle against allies and enemies alike. This mission is only available during the recurring Arena of Sompek Event.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
In the interest of strengthening the Alliance against its enemies, and providing entertainment, the Klingons have agreed to allow other members to participate in the legendary qaD HoS event. You've been invited to Qo'noS to participate as representatives of the Alliance. It will be good practice for the battles ahead, and should be good for morale.
Mission text[edit | edit source]
The simulation lasts until all players are simultaneously defeated. (Time version only: or until 15 minutes have elapsed.)
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Enter the Holodeck
- Gather In the Holodeck 1:00
- Win as Many Rounds as Possible
- Battle Until All of You Fall
- Round: #
- (Timed Version Only) Survive for: 20:00
- Leave the Holodeck
NPC groups[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- During the Lightning Round, powerful bolts of lightning will target random players. An indicator is placed on the floor, giving some warning to allow you to get out of the way (less time than an Orbital Strike, however). The strike deals heavy Electrical damage in an area, so it's best to not clump together with other players during this period. Fabrications such as Medical Generators are particularly vulnerable, so it's best to stay away from them during Lightning Rounds. Standing underneath the raised platforms provides good protection from these strikes, but only if the player has evaded previous lightning strikes. This strategy will not work if the player is still being targeted as they enter the "bunkers".
- If the lightning targets a player while they are in the central water, it will visually electrify the water, but players and fabrications in the water will not be harmed unless hit by the lightning directly. The whole-area electrocution effect appears to be cosmetic.
- During the Hazard Round, hazards will appear in predetermined places on the map. These give longer warnings, allowing you to vacate the area. The hazards are:
- Near the four gates, vents on the floor will begin burning, dealing Fire damage to anyone standing on them.
- On top of the raised platforms, vents will release gases, dealing Toxic damage to anyone standing on them.
- This damage cannot be mitigated by a Rebreather device.
- The area underneath the raised platforms is between two beam emitters, which deal Proton damage to anyone standing in that area.
- Fabrications don't seem to be affected by this hazard, perhaps because they are too short.
- The central area with the water can have two different hazards, or possibly both at the same time:
- The water will become electrified, dealing Electrical damage to anyone standing in it.
- The water will begin to drain, visually circling around as it pulls players toward the center like a Gravity Well.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Arena of Sompek was originally released on February 23, 2017 as a limited Weekend Event, where it rewarded [Weekend Event Voucher]. For the August 2017 run, [Merit of Sompek] was used as an event input for the three-week version. For the August 2019 run of the event, a special version was created to finish off the PC-only Coupon Progress Token event. This iteration of the event is available from Level 10+, has no death penalty, and ends after Round 7. After this event, Sompek was brought back as a permanent fixture in the Task Force Operations list.
- The Emote Dance (Victory of Sompek!) unlocks when the player reaches Round 22.
Versions[edit | edit source]
|Date (PC)||Date (Console)||Unique reward|
|23 February - 27 February 2017||4 May - 8 May 2017||Universal Kit Module - Sompek Lightning|
|17 August - 7 September 2017||19 October - 9 November 2017||Sompek Pulsewave|
|11 January - 16 January 2018||22 February - 26 February 2018||Sompek Blast Assault|
|3 May - 7 May 2018||5 July - 9 July 2018||Tsunkatse Gloves|
|1 November - 5 November 2018||7 February - 11 February 2019||Sompek Personal Shield|
|8 August - 29 August 2019||10 September - 1 October 2019||Section 31 Heavy Phaser Rifle|