As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|Timeline Change Imminent!|
This article or section contains information that no longer applies to the current version of Star Trek Online. It is provided only for historical purposes.
Until its removal from the game on 17 July 2014, Memory Alpha was the center for crafting for Federation players. The NPCs at Memory Alpha introduce the player to crafting, and enables players to create weapons and equipment by collecting data samples and using one of the research stations provided.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Lounge[edit | edit source]
- Commander Jenna Romaine introduces the player to Memory Alpha
- James Tolliver, who sells basic versions of some craftable items
- Commodities Broker Rek
- Commander Thomas Marrone
General Storage[edit | edit source]
The general storage area is to the south east of the facility, and is where anomalous data samples are kept.
- T'Pren, who explains the basics of gathering data samples and crafting
Energy Fields R&D[edit | edit source]
The area to the south-west of the lounge is Energy Fields R&D, where engineering research is carried out.
- Ensign Marissa Roet
- Lieutenant Kirayoshi O'Brien, who is feeling homesick
- Zel, who sells basic versions of some craftable items
- Lieutenant Orlando Mai
Physical Sciences R&D[edit | edit source]
The area to the west is occupied by Physical Sciences R&D, where science research is done.
Technology R&D[edit | edit source]
The area to the north of the facility is devoted to the technology specialism, in which tactical research is performed.
- Lieutenant Commander Anichent
- Commander Shann
- Quex, who sells basic versions of some craftable items
How to Start Crafting[edit | edit source]
The player must first gather data samples either in space or while on away missions. These are then used to create the basic ingredient in each crafting recipe; a schematic. With a schematic of the correct type and sufficient data samples, the player can then fabricate items at one of the research consoles. Each item crafted will increase the player's crafting skill, which unlocks more advanced crafting recipes.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Scientific Mandate”
- “Research & Development”
- “Taste of Home”
- “Hostile Takeover”: Markin wants to discredit the merchandise from one of his brothers.
- “Shady Supplies”: Zel wants the player to stop one of his brothers smuggling.
- “Family Ties”: Quex asks the player to settle a family dispute.
- “Quarantine”: Lt. Mai sends the player to deliver some crates to Dr. Yoc'm on Deep Space K-7.
Images[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are several research consoles at Memory Alpha, all of which function identically.
- The items sold by the vendors found throughout the facility are not necessary for crafting, nor does the player need to talk to any of the researchers to advance their crafting skill.
- With the Crafting revamp introduced with the Season 9.5 patch on 17 July 2014, the map isn't accessible anymore. Currently it's unclear if the maps will be re-worked or re-enabled at some point, or if the associated Diplomacy missions will be moved to other locations.