Mars is the fourth planet of the Sol System, and the location of the Utopia Planitia Shipyards, Starfleet's primary starship construction and repair facility. Mars is colonized by humans and has two asteroid-like moons, Phobos and Deimos.
History[edit | edit source]
The exploration of Mars by humans started in the mid-20th century, while observations of the planet from Earth were made for several centuries before that. By the 2030s, manned missions to Mars were conducted.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning”: In 2409, the Klingon Defense Force raids the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, dealing a crippling blow to Starfleet task forces Alpha, Beta and Gamma.
- “The Odyssey Class”: During the preliminary shakedown cruise for the U.S.S. Odyssey, a Bortas Battle Cruiser appears to make Odyssey's first flight her last. However, Odyssey makes a stand and repels the Klingons with the help of three Starfleet cruisers.
- “First Contact Day”: The U.S.S. Enterprise-F spends a few days at Utopia Planitia Shipyards over Mars having her systems repaired and maintained.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The in-game appearance of Mars and the Utopia Planitia Shipyards differs vastly from mission to mission. Also, the moons Phobos and Deimos are not included on all Mars maps.
- Mars can also be found as a space map in the Foundry, like other solar system planets. The map is called "Mars System" and includes the planet and its two moons.