History[edit | edit source]
As the Malon lack the technology to recycle antimatter waste, which emits hazardous theta radiation, finding waste disposal sites is one of the most profitable undertakings in their society. When the U.S.S. Voyager first encountered the Malon in 2375, Captain Janeway offered them Federation antimatter waste-reclamation technology. Although the offer was rejected as it would destroy an entire industry, Voyager transmitted the technical specifications to the Malon anyway.
People[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Delta Rising[edit | edit source]
- “Reunion”: In 2410, the player has to fight off a group of Malon who want to use the space around New Talax as a waste disposal site.
- “Trakia System Patrol”: Malon dispatch two cruisers to assist the Hirogen in the fight for control over a subspace communication array.
- “Nanipia System Patrol”: Player has to choose whether to help the Benthans in detaining a Malon ship. In case you assist them, hired Hazari vessels will try to free the Malon. Siding with the Malon will instead force you to fight the Benthan Guard.
- “Rivos System Patrol”: The player is ambushed by Malon ships and their Hazari mercenaries. When the player repels the attack, a Hazari commander Y'Kel reveals that the contract was posted by Qwen.
- “Alliances”: At least one Malon ship can be seen in the Neles System.
- “Tempting Targets”: Malon try to claim medical supplies the Hierarchy refused to sell to them. The player has to protect the goods with force.
- “Tekara System Patrol”: In the Tekara System, the player finds a Malon outpost where Captain Valak has been trying to put the technology left by the Voyager 35 years earlier into use. As waste reclamation is considered an economical menace by many powerful Malon, the small refinery station then has to be defended against attacking ships of the Malon Disposal Union and their Hazari mercenaries.
Iconian War[edit | edit source]
- “Butterfly”: In a holodeck simulation showing what would happen if Voyager had not woke the Vaadwaur from stasis, the player speaks to a Malon Captain at an ill-fated attempt to form the Delta Alliance, the Malon explaining that the Hierarchy has stepped up their aggression and escalated tensions among the other races of the Delta Quadrant.
Military[edit | edit source]
Although Malon appear to be quite advanced, their technology generates vast amounts of theta radiation as waste. And they have no safe, cost-effective way to deal with this radiation. Nevertheless, they have developed the ways to use this radiation as a weapon, releasing it during battle to slow down enemy combatants. Their vessels are equipped with advanced antiproton weaponry, spatial charge launchers and tractor beam emitters.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Malon have a major role in Star Trek: Voyager episodes "Night", "Extreme Risk" and "Juggernaut".
- Despite sharing the same name, the Malon have nothing to do with the Malon System located in the Alpha Quadrant.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Starships||Malon Frigate • Malon Cruiser • Malon Battleship|
|NPCs||Kal • Selvk • Valak • Zomar|
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|