Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
History[edit | edit source]
As the Malon lack the technology to recycle antimatter waste, which emits hazardous theta radiation, finding waste disposal sites is one of the most profitable undertakings in their society. When the U.S.S. Voyager first encountered the Malon in 2375, Captain Janeway offered them Federation antimatter waste-reclamation technology. Although the offer was rejected as it would destroy an entire industry, Voyager transmitted the technical specifications to the Malon anyway.
People[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Delta Rising[edit | edit source]
- “Friends in Unlikely Places”: Player is dispatched on a patrol throughout the systems of the Delta Quadrant.
- “Reunion”: In 2410, the player has to fight off a group of Malon who want to use the space around New Talax as a waste disposal site.
- “Enemies in All the Usual Places”: Player is sent on a patrol throughout the quadrant to try to establish peaceful relations with some of the species U.S.S. Voyager fought against decades earlier.
- “With Friends Like These...”: Player is tasked with learning more about Delta Quadrant species, including the Benthans.
- “Know Your Enemies”: As the Vaadwaur begin to increase their efforts to control the Delta Quadrant, player is dispatched on a routine patrol to several systems where their fleets might be lurking.
- “Alliances”: At least one Malon ship can be seen in the Neles System.
- “Taking Care of Enemies”: Player is sent to protect other Delta Quadrant species from constant Vaadwaur attacks.
- “Kinbar System Patrol”: Malon try to claim medical supplies the Hierarchy refused to sell to them. The player has to protect the goods with force.
- “Tekara System Patrol”: In the Tekara System, the player finds a Malon outpost where Captain Valak has been trying to put the technology left by the Voyager 35 years earlier into use. As waste reclamation is considered an economical menace by many powerful Malon, the small refinery station then has to be defended against attacking ships of the Malon Disposal Union and their Hazari mercenaries.
Iconian War[edit | edit source]
- “Butterfly”: In a holodeck simulation showing what would happen if Voyager had not woke the Vaadwaur from stasis, the player speaks to a Malon Captain at an ill-fated attempt to form the Delta Alliance, the Malon explaining that the Hierarchy has stepped up their aggression and escalated tensions among the other races of the Delta Quadrant.
Military[edit | edit source]
Although Malon appear to be quite advanced, their technology generates vast amounts of theta radiation as waste. And they have no safe, cost-effective way to deal with this radiation. Nevertheless, they have developed the ways to use this radiation as a weapon, releasing it during battle to slow down enemy combatants. Their vessels are equipped with advanced antiproton weaponry, spatial charge launchers and tractor beam emitters.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Malon have a major role in Star Trek: Voyager episodes "Night", "Extreme Risk" and "Juggernaut".
- Despite sharing the same name, the Malon have nothing to do with the Malon System located in the Alpha Quadrant.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Starships||Malon Frigate • Malon Cruiser • Malon Battleship|
|NPCs||Kal • Selvk • Valak • Zelk • Zomar|
|NPC starships||Zelk's Flagship|
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar (ordered by quadrant)|
α — |
Location of homeworld unknown or somewhere outside the Prime universe Milky Way galaxy