History[edit | edit source]
- Kyona was born on Cait and raised in a small agricultural community, which she described as being “nice, if a little dull”.
- She joined Starfleet because it was the most exciting career that she could find.
- Kyona was previously assigned to the U.S.S. Belfast, under the command of Captain Va'Kel Shon. She served valiantly aboard the Belfast during the Dominion Incursion into the Alpha Quadrant until it was destroyed.
- Shortly after, she, along with the crew of the Belfast, were transferred to the newly commissioned Enterprise-F, playing a critical role in defeating Kar'ukan’s forces at the final Battle of Deep Space 9.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Facility 4028”: Kyona is seen on the bridge of the Belfast, informing Shon of the failure of the Belfast's shields.
- “Boldly They Rode”: Kyona is seen on the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise-F.
- “First Contact Day”: The player visits the bridge of the Enterprise at Utopia Planitia and meets with Kyona and the rest of her crew.
- “A Step Between Stars”: Kyona is among the Enterprise-F staff assembled prior to the rescue mission. This is, at present, the only face to face encounter of the player character and Kyona.
- “Storm Clouds Gather”: Commander Kyona is seen in Admiral Quinn's office before the conference.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Na'kuhl": Captain Shon discusses the diplomatic situation regarding the Na'kuhl with Lieutenant Kyona, his Chief of Security. It is revealed that Kyona has been running Captain Proton holonovels, supplied by Captain Tom Paris.
- "First Contact Day": Kyona, Savel, and Tem Inasi visit Bozeman, Montana, on First Contact Day. Kyona reveals an appreciation for Zephram Cochrane's favorite music, and period-appropriate beverages, neither of which Savel approves of. The three officers decide to participate in a competition to build and launch replicas of Cochrane's Phoenix, and Tem and Kyona conspire to give Savel a copy of Zephram Cochrane's favorite music for his next birthday.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the 2014 revamp, Kyona is notably absent from “First Contact Day” being one of three Enterprise senior officers to not appear in the mission (the others being Kirayoshi O'Brien and Commander Matthias). As a result, Kyona is one of the only Enterprise-F Senior Officers to never have been introduced to the player.
- Kyona considers it a great honor to serve the Federation and as proud to be a part of the continuing legacy of the starship Enterprise. Because of this, she takes her position aboard the Enterprise very seriously.
- Kyona's voice is noticeably different in "First Contact Day" than it is in “Facility 4028”. Her voice was performed in the newer mission by Adrianne Grady of Priority One Podcast.
- Kyona is the first Caitian to serve as part of the bridge crew on an Enterprise since Lt. M'Ress on the Constitution-class U.S.S. Enterprise.