Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Kyana Research Station
Kyana Research Station (also called Krenim Assembly Facility or Krenim Research Facility) is a Krenim space station in the asteroid belt of the Kyana System of the Alsuran Sector. It was constructed in 2410 as a joint effort by the Krenim and the Iconian Resistance. It is subdivided into four sections: The central, research, development, and conferences areas.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Broken Circle”: Together with the Iconian Resistance, Krenim researchers under Noye use the newly built station to design and construct a temporal weapon against the Iconians. Captain Kagran sends Lieutenant Tullek to greet the player and give a tour of the facility. Although Seven of Nine cautions against such technology, Captain Nog and other representatives push to go ahead with the research. The station is also the gathering point of a massive Federation/Klingon/Romulan fleet, which later sets out for a frontal attack against the Andromeda Dyson Sphere in order to buy the scientists on Kyana station more time for their research.
- “Butterfly”: The Krenim-Iconian Resistance collaboration has succeeded in constructing the K.I.S. Annorax. Nog is coordinating the joint efforts of first modelling, and then executing the temporal incursion. Three scenarios are tested in the holodeck of the research station, designed by Teams Alpha (headed by Soffen), Beta (headed by Noye), and Gamma (headed by Jelen), respectively. Scenario Gamma, which was based on preventing the U.S.S. Yamato from ever rediscovering Iconia in 2365, proves to be the most promising and is subsequently implemented by the Annorax.
- “Midnight”: In advance of the last battle and attempt of timeline alteration against the Iconians, the leaders of the Iconian Resistance hold their final briefing on Kyana station.
- “Time and Tide”: After a future version of Noye attacks the signing of the Temporal Accords in the 29th Century, the player confronts him at the research station where it's discovered that Noye has learned of the erasure of his wife and plans to take revenge on the Federation. Noye then plants several bombs throughout the station to distract the player while he steals the K.I.S. Annorax.
Note[edit | edit source]
- The exterior and interior design of Kyana Research Station is identical to that of a tier III Fleet Research Lab with all Special Projects completed.