Kobayashi Maru Transponder
Summon the Kobayashi Maru for 45 sec which will create a Resupply Pod every 3 sec that travels toward a random friendly player within 10 km
Resupply Pods will grant the player one of the following upon reaching their position:
* +10% Bonus Damage
* +10% Max Hull
* +20 Damage Resistance Rating
* +20% Max Shields
* +20% Speed and Turn
All Resupply Pod bonuses last 30 seconds and do not stack (additional applications refresh the duration)
The [Kobayashi Maru Transponder] is a re-usable Ship Device, which summons Kobayashi Maru support vessel. It needs to be equipped in a device slot for use in system space, or in sector space by non-Small Craft. The device was rewarded as an Event Grand Prize for completing the October 2019 “Kobayashi Maru” Featured Task Force Operation.
Game Description[edit | edit source]
This device is capable of summoning the Kobayashi Maru to your position across the vast distances of space. Doing so provides different functionality depending upon whether you are currently in a system map, or within Sector Space.
When utilized while in system space, the Kobayashi Maru will arrive to aid in whatever conflicts you might be facing by way of dropping Resupply Pods periodically that will provide combat boosts to you and other nearby players. The Kobayashi Maru will retreat if it becomes too damaged, so protect it in order to maximize the benefits you receive from its presence!
Must be equipped to a Device Slot for use. May not be activated (in system space) while piloting a Small Craft.
Vendor[edit | edit source]
When summoned in Sector Space, for 5 minutes allows to sell at 40%, and to buy the following (Ferengi captains do not get any discount):
|[Industrial Energy Cells]||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In system space it can be activated while in combat or out of combat, with a 1 minute 30 seconds recharge time. It does not activate any shared cooldown on Fleet Support or other reinforcement beacons.
- In Sector Space:
- The freighter will despawn after 5 minutes.
- The cooldown is 60 minutes (description tooltip is incorrect, showing it as 120 minutes).
- Shared cooldown with other freighter beacons is 20 minutes:
- While piloting a Small Craft, this device may be used regardless of which ship it is equipped on, and may also be used from Inventory.
Distress Beacons and Fleet Support
|Abilities||Fleet Support • Photonic Fleet • Reinforcements Squadron|
|Devices||Fleet Operational Assets • [Delta Alliance Reinforcements Beacon] • [Beacon of Kahless] •|
[Kobayashi Maru Transponder] • [Nimbus Pirate Distress Call] • [Phased-Waveform Beacon]
|Traits||Heard I Needed Help • Need-to-Know Basis • Obedience is Victory • Subspace Reinforcements|