General information[edit | edit source]
Captain Harry Kim explains main goal in the Kobali Prime Warzone during cutscene after player's first visit.
History[edit | edit source]
Around 2320, the Kobali, originally a nomadic species, decided to found a homeworld and built a large city on the temperate western land mass on what is now known as Kobali Prime. By 2410, more than 80 million Kobali live on the planet.
With the support from the Iconians, Vaadwaur seek to restore their long-forgotten empire. Because the Kobali had been using Vaadwaur stored in hybernation chambers beneath the planet's surface to ensure the existence of their own species, Gaul sent a large Vaadwaur fleet to finish them off and reclaim their world.
Locations[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Vaadwaur[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
Introduction[edit | edit source]
- “The Kobali Front”: Players are sent to the Kobali Prime adventure zone to assist General Q'Nel commanding the Kobali's fight against the invading Vaadwaur. Once there, liaison officer Captain Harry Kim assists in the coordination of support but also helps in uncovering the Kobali's darker secrets.
Kobali Crisis Act I[edit | edit source]
- “The Cavalry”: General Q'Nel asks the player to support efforts within the city limits. Later the city gates have to be defended against a Vaadwaur ambush.
- “Defense at the Gates”: Associated Open Mission.
- “The Son”: Q'Nel requests the player's help with locating his son in the trenches outside the city.
- “The Temple of my People”: After defending a "temple" just outside the city against a Vaadwaur attack, the player and Captain Kim discover a large amount of stasis pods containing Vaadwaur.
- “Temple Defense”: Associated Open Mission.
- “Data Recovery”: The player must recover data from a Kobali base which has been overrun by the Vaadwaur.
Kobali Crisis Act II[edit | edit source]
- “Looming Shadows”: The player investigates a mysterious chemical which has been detected in the bodies of fallen Vaadwaur.
- “Left Behind”: Associated Open Mission.
- “Hidden Assault”: The player continues to investigate the Vaadwaur's chemical attack plans.
- “Trapped”: Associated Open Mission.
- “A New Warfare”: The player attempts to acquire a sample of the original strain of the Vaadwaur virus.
- “Chemical Strike”: Associated Open Mission.
Kobali Crisis Act III[edit | edit source]
- “Breaking the Wall”: The player begins an assault on the Vaadwaur chemical payload.
- “At The Gates”: Associated Open Mission.
- “With Our Last Breath”: The player thwarts the deployment of a biochemical anti-Kobali weapon created by the Vaadwaur.
- “The Last Stand”: Associated Open Mission.
- “Our Chance for Peace”: Captain Kim and the player revisit the Kobali temple, where they are told, that the Kobali would not revive, but only store, Vaadwaur from now on.
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
- “Dust to Dust”: Players return to Kobali Prime to assist Captain Harry Kim repel a Vaadwaur attack on the Kobali temple.
Found missions[edit | edit source]
Open missions[edit | edit source]
- “A Decision To Make”
- “Kobali Killed the Vaadwaur Comm”
- “The Thin Blue Line”
- “Strength in the Shadows”
- “A Disarming Situation”
- “Recovery Operation”
- “Supply Denied”
Accolades[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Captain Harry Kim is assigned as liaison officer
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the system description refers to Kobali Prime as a planet, from orbit it appears to be a moon orbiting a gas giant. The astrometrics overlay in sector space also clearly depicts Kobali Prime to be a moon orbiting the nearby gas giant.
|Kobali Prime Storyline Missions||Level Requirement|
|Kobali Prime Found Missions||Level Requirement|
|Kobali Prime Open Missions|
|Details||Kobali • Kobali Prime|
|Ground Forces||Umare • Anak • Taikun • Hanchon • General|
|Starships||Kobali Frigate • Kobali Cruiser • Samsar Cruiser|
|NPCs||Grazer • Jetanian • Jhet'leya • Keten • Lenest • Lims • M'hetya • Noscwedel • Q'Nel • Sadalore|
|NPC starships||K.D.C. Samsar • Manusi • Sotunde|