|The content of this article or section is canon|
The content of this article or section is Star Trek canon referenced in the game or its lore. However, it does not directly appear in Star Trek Online. Broader Star Trek lore can be looked up on Memory Alpha and Memory Beta.
In the mirror universe, the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance (more commonly known as simply the Alliance) is a faction made up of an alliance of Klingons and Cardassians dating back to at least the 24th Century.
History[edit | edit source]
- The Alliance formed in response to the threat of the Terran Empire during the latter faction's height.
- Sometime after 2267, an Imperial Starfleet officer named Spock became Emperor of the Terran Empire. He instituted a series of reforms that made the Empire more tolerant to non-Terrans. Unfortunately for them, these reforms also left the Empire vulnerable to an invasion by the Alliance. By the mid-24th century the Empire had been conquered and the Alliance controlled much of the Alpha Quadrant. Terrans and Vulcans became slaves to the Alliance, and the Bajorans had successfully petitioned for membership.
- In 2370, Julian Bashir and Kira Nerys cross over to the mirror universe Terok Nor via the wormhole. They inspire the Terran slaves to fight against the Alliance. The following year the Rebellion begins, led by Miles O'Brien's counterpart.
- The Alliance loses Terok Nor to the rebels in 2372, who manage to build a Prime Universe Defiant class starship using stolen schematics.
- In 2374 Kira's counterpart attempts to steal the Orb of Prophecy and Change to unite the Bajoran's against the Alliance.
- Regent Worf of the Alliance surrenders to the I.S.S. Defiant in 2375.
- By 2409, the Alliance has been conquered by the newly reformed Terran Empire. Surviving forces are reduced to focusing more on avoiding Imperial detection and attempting to establish new colonies outside of Terran-controlled space (“Build Dossier about the Mirror Emperor” & “Connect with Rebel Cells Among Klingon-Cardassian-Bajoran Faction”).
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- "Badlands Battlezone": A Klingon Alliance Base features in the battlezone, although it is unclear whether this is a remnant of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance or a new alliance the Klingons have formed.
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
- “The Other Side”: Before the revamp of the Cardassian Struggle mission arc, players encountered the remains of Klingon-Cardassian Alliance led by General B'vat and Captain Ja'rod. They assisted the player in an attack on a Terran installation in the Arawath System.