Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
They were encountered by the U.S.S. Voyager in 2371, when they were a strongly patriarchal society divided into eighteen different sects, although that number constantly changes. Each sect has possession of different natural resources over which the sects fight each other. Although they lack any centralized representation, the Kazon Collective refers to the entirety of the species.
History[edit | edit source]
The Kazon were a subjugated race, used as slave labor by the Trabe, who had conquered their homeworld. In 2346, Jal Sankur convinced the Kazon sects to put aside their differences and rise up against the Trabe. In doing so the Kazon took the Trabe's ships and technology, forcing them to become a nomadic species, never allowing them to settle on a new world.
In 2372, the leaders of all Kazon sects were invited to a peace conference by Captain Kathryn Janeway of the U.S.S. Voyager. However, as the leader of the Trabe, who was also invited, attempted to assassinate the Kazon leaders, the talks failed.
In 2410, the following Kazon sects were encountered by the Delta Alliance: -Halik, -Mostral, -Nistrim, -Ogla, -Pommar and -Relora. Kazon-Ogla, Kazon-Relora and Kazon-Pommar sided with the Alliance, while the rest of the sects, led by Sessen, First Maje of the Kazon-Nistrim, sided with the Supremacy.
People[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Duty officers[edit | edit source]
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Reunion”: The player wards off Kazon vessels attacking the U.S.S. Voyager in the Entaba System. After the player beams to the Talaxian asteroid colony, the Kazon attack again and the player has to help repair the damage to the colony's systems.
- “Friends in Unlikely Places”: Player is dispatched on a patrol throughout the systems of the Delta Quadrant.
- “Borg Battlefield Patrol”: Player encounters Kazon scavengers in the Borg Battlefield, some of which commandeer an abandoned Cube.
- “Argala System Patrol”: The Benthan Guard deputizes the player without further ado in order to jointly combat a group of Kazon in the Argala System.
- “Ocampan Freighter Patrol”: An Ocampan convoy operating near the Jenolan Dyson Sphere has to be defended against the Kazon scavangers.
- “With Friends Like These...”: Player is tasked with learning more about the situation in the Delta Quadrant.
- “Know Your Enemies”: As the Vaadwaur begin to increase their efforts to control the Delta Quadrant, player is dispatched on a routine patrol to several systems where their fleets might be lurking.
- “Hodos System Patrol”: After realizing that their budget is too small to buy the best shuttle for Antares Trans-stellar Rally, Kazon set up a fake qualifying race to trick others into showing off their fastest shuttles. After the player successfully finishes the qualifying race, a Kazon Raider swoops in and tries to steal the player's vessel.
- “Alliances”: With the player's help, Captain Harry Kim of the U.S.S. Rhode Island manages to convince some Kazon sects in the Bremark System, namely the Halik, Mostral, Ogla, Pommar, and Relora, to join the Delta Alliance against the Vaadwaur. Although Sessen of the Kazon-Nistrim tries to prevent the agreement, his forces can be defeated.
- “Takedown”: Sessen and his Nistrim manage to bring the other Kazon on his side, who then betray the Delta Alliance by siding with the Vaadwaur during the assault on Vaadwaur Prime. Nevertheless, First Maje Jal Karden of the Kazon-Ogla refuses to participate in the treachery of the Relora and the Nistrim and helps the Alliance against Sessen's forces and the Vaadwaur.
- “What's Left Behind”: A Kazon is among several races being held captive by the Elachi.
Military[edit | edit source]
The Kazon have energy weapons, shields and tractor beams, but do not possess technology equal to the Federation, or even other species of the Delta Quadrant. Their sheer numbers and ferocity make them a threat, and they will often prey on smaller vessels or peaceful settlements.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Kazon Raider.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Starships||Kazon Raider • Kazon Cruiser • Kazon Carrier|
|NPCs||Curze • Culleh • Dorna • Jal Karden • Kazon Representative • Ket • Nelek • Sessen|
|NPC starships||Maje's Flagship|
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar (ordered by quadrant)|
α — |
Location of homeworld unknown or somewhere outside the Prime universe Milky Way galaxy