History[edit | edit source]
In 2371, Janeway took command of U.S.S. Voyager, with her long-time friend Tuvok as chief of security. The ship was stranded in the Delta Quadrant soon after its launch and it took Janeway and her crew until 2378 to find a way home. During her voyage, Janeway made several scientific discoveries and many notable first contacts with several species.
By 2379 Janeway had been promoted to Vice Admiral and no longer commanded Voyager, now working with Starfleet Command. She briefs Captain Jean-Luc Picard on the changed political situation on Romulus.
In 2388, Admiral Janeway commanded a modified Delta Class Shuttle on a survey mission of the Hobus System. She and her crew observed that the Hobus Nebula left in the aftermath of the supernova bore a resemblance to the McAllister C-5 Nebula, making it a plausible location for quantum singularities which could be used to travel to Fluidic space. While on the mission, her vessel detected the warp signature of an Undine vessel; however, this turned out to be a Romulan ruse intended to cover up tests of a subspace weapon.
In 2401, Kathryn Janeway was part of a contingent of retired and current Starfleet officers, also including Ambassador Worf, Admirals Beverly Crusher and Chakotay, as well as retired Captains Ezri Dax and Tuvok, who all appealed to the Federation Council to reconsider its position on the Klingon-Gorn War and to support the Klingon Empire.
In 2408, Admiral Janeway assumed command of the U.S.S. Tucker to conduct another annual survey of the Hobus System. She suspected Undine, or another race's, involvement in the star's destruction, which lead to the annihilation of Romulus 21 years prior. The Tucker's sensors again detected an Undine warp signature; the outcome of this encounter remains unknown, as the records have been redacted by Starfleet Intelligence.
In 2410 the Doctor wished to inform Admiral Janeway about the recent discovery of the Iconian involvement with the rise of the Vaadwaur and the capture of Sela, hoping that she might be able to move investigations forward at a faster pace.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- In Tales of the War #18, Seven composes a series of letters to Admiral Janeway. The letters chronicle Seven's misgivings about the Krenim timeship project, and her conflicts with the other researchers there, particularly Noye. Her concerns culminate in her decision to leave the project prior to the events of “Butterfly”. She finds out about the failed temporal incursion while on her way back to the Sol System. Janeway's responses to these letters are not included, but Seven's letters confirm she has been receiving replies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kathryn Janeway does not appear in-game, but is mentioned several times. Notably, Damar Kahn talks about her investigation of the Hobus Supernova in the mission “Heading Out”, while the Doctor mentions her at the end of “What's Left Behind”.
- Admiral Janeway is alive and well in 2410, being likely in her late 70s. Note that Janeway's birth year has never been mentioned on-screen, with several sources varying between 2328 and 2344.
- Compared to other main cast characters of TNG, DS9 and VOY, there are very few mentions of Kathryn Janeway in the Path to 2409. The STO tie-in novel The Needs of the Many mentions Admiral Janeway commanding the U.S.S. Tucker.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Kathryn Janeway at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Kathryn Janeway at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Official Blog - Star Trek Online: Tales of the war #18 (August 18, 2015)