Kahless is a clone of the legendary Kahless the Unforgettable, who was the first emperor of Qo'noS. Though executive power within the Klingon Empire rests with the high council and Chancellor J'mpok, Emperor Kahless is considered the ceremonial head of state.
History[edit | edit source]
Kahless was cloned in 2369 by clerics of the monastery on Boreth, who wished to fulfill a prophecy of the return of Kahless the Unforgettable. After the clerics' fraud was discovered, Kahless was still allowed to become Emperor of the Klingon Empire, a largely inspirational and ceremonial position.
Late in 2403, Kahless handpicked a crew from the Order of the Bat'leth and departed on the I.K.S. Batlh. Kahless left a message behind saying that the Klingons no longer need his guidance, so he was departing to look for new battles to fight. Kahless promised to return when he was most needed.
By 2408 Emperor Kahless sought a quest to prove himself to the Klingon people, rather than living in the shadow of Kahless the Unforgettable. Worf, believing his sincerity, revealed the last known location of the Sword of Kahless to him and Kahless successfully retrieved it and returned to Qo'noS. ( “Destiny”)
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Destiny”: In 2409, the player helps to fight off Breen forces boarding the Batlh in the Sanek System and then seeks out the Emperor on the bridge in order to find the Sword of Kahless with which to defeat Molor and drive back the Fek'Ihri.
- “Afterlife”: Kahless is found locked in battle with the Fek'Ihri in the monastery on Boreth. Kahless commands the player to travel to Gre'thor and confront Molor.
- “The Gates of Gre'thor”: Kahless joins the player in a final battle against Fek'lhr himself.
- “House Pegh”: In 2410, Kahless, the leader of the secret House Pegh, joins the player in a battle with the Iconians. The Emperor decides to fight T'Ket alone with nothing but the Sword of Kahless, giving the player time to shut down an Omega Generator. With the player's help, Kahless subdues his opponent and cuts off the Iconian's arm; however, as he prepares to deliver the final blow, T'Ket uses a gateway to teleport behind Kahless and kill him. Ramir and Kagran vow to honor his sacrifice.
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "Gateway to Gre'thor" (blog): Kahless addresses all warriors of the Klingon Empire and its allies in the aftermath of an Iconian attack on Qo'noS.
Armament[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Bat'leth Impale
- Bat'leth Takedown
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The model of Kahless after its revamp for Season 8
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While his hit points can drop to zero, Kahless cannot be killed until the mission "House Pegh", when he becomes one of the very few canon characters to actually die in Star Trek Online (the others being Alexander Rozhenko, Gaul, Taris, Golin Shel-la and Dukan'Rex).
- The song Kahless sings in the mission “House Pegh” before facing T'Ket is the same one sung in the DS9 episode Once More Unto the Breach.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Klingon Defense Force
|Details||Klingon Defense Force • Klingon Empire • Klingon • Gorn • Orion • Nausicaan • Lethean • Ferasan • Great House • Qo'noS • Klingon Academy • Rura Penthe • Boreth • Ganalda Station|
|Ground Forces||War Targ • Bekk • Warrior • Officer • Munitions Officer • Targ Handler • Swordmaster • Dahar Master|
|Starships||To'Duj Fighter • Bird-of-Prey (Prime Timeline) • Bird-of-Prey (Kelvin Timeline) • Raptor Escort • Klingon Battle Cruiser • Negh'Var Warship • Vo'Quv Dreadnought • Bortasqu' Dreadnought Battlecruiser|
|NPCs||B'vat • Galera • J'mpok • Jurlek • K'Gan • K'men • K'Valk • Kagran • Kahless • Koren • Martok • Nin'Yan • Rodek • Alexander Rozhenko • Sirella • Temek • Torg • Worf|
|NPC starships||I.K.S. Batlh • I.K.S. Bortasqu' • I.K.S. Chot • I.K.S. Kal'Ruq • I.K.S. Kang • I.K.V. Quv • I.K.S. Seg'pa • I.K.S. Targ • I.K.S. Worvig|