The Jellyfish was an experimental spacecraft designed for the Daystrom Institute by famed engineer Geordi La Forge. Equipped with trans-metaphasic shielding, the Jellyfish was designed to withstand environmental conditions that would destroy most other ships.
In 2387, the Jellyfish was used by Ambassador Spock to deliver red matter to the Hobus System, creating a black hole that consumed the Hobus supernova and ended its threat to the galaxy. Spock was attacked by Captain Nero of the Narada moments later; in his attempt to escape both vessels were pulled into the black hole and are presumed destroyed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The film Star Trek reveals that the Jellyfish emerged in the year 2258 of an alternate reality. There it was captured by the Narada - which had arrived twenty-five years earlier - and Nero used the red matter on board to destroy Vulcan in revenge for the loss of Romulus. He attempted to do the same to Earth, but the Spock of that reality stole the Jellyfish and rammed it into the Narada, detonating the rest of the red matter and destroying both vessels.
- The ship is due to be added to the game in December 2019.
[edit | edit source]
- Jellyfish (ship) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Jellyfish at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- 2019/2020 Roadmap!, Arcgames