Jean-Luc Picard is a retired Human Starfleet officer and the former Federation Ambassador to Vulcan. His first command was the U.S.S. Stargazer (NCC-2893), but he is most well-known for serving as commanding officer of the U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) and, following that ship's destruction, its successor, U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-E).
History[edit | edit source]
- 2349: Captain Picard takes the Stargazer on an exploratory mission in the Kassae System and discovers ancient ruins. ( “Researcher Rescue”)
- 2381: Picard is appointed to lead the defense against the renewed Borg threat. He enlists Seven of Nine to assist with the efforts.
- 2385: Picard and the Enterprise lead efforts to evacuate Federation citizens from Khitomer when the Klingon Empire expels all non-Klingons. Later that year, Picard resigns his commission in Starfleet and becomes the Federation ambassador to Vulcan.
- 2386: Picard is among those who testify on Data's behalf, leading to Starfleet Command's decision to reinstate the android's Starfleet commission.
- 2387: Ambassador Picard, along with Spock, appeal to the Vulcan High Council to help the Romulans save their home planet from destruction; the Vulcans refuse. Picard contacts Geordi La Forge for assistance.
- 2389: Picard works to repair relations between the Vulcans and the rest of the Federation, following the revelation that they had refused to help the Romulans. He also offers to mediate peace talks between the Klingon Empire and the Gorn Hegemony, but the offer is refused by King Slathis. Picard eventually drafts a border treaty that would be accepted by the Gorn, if a Gorn team were to lose a game of baseball against the Pike City Pioneers. When the game abruptly ends with the revelation that the Gorn had been infiltrated by Undine, it is believed that Picard convinces the Gorn's allies - the Romulans, Breen, Tzenkethi, and Kinshaya - to pressure the Gorn into accepting Federation mediation. (The Needs of the Many)
- 2402: Ambassador Picard retires and settles in France.
- Picard has a son, René Jacques Robert François Picard, with Beverly Crusher. (The Needs of the Many)
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 2)”: Captain Picard (or simulacrums of him) command the U.S.S. Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E against a rogue Excalbian Borg Queen simulacrum.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The consumable food item [Chateau Picard] is a wine from his family's vineyard. According to The Needs of the Many, the vineyard was relocated to Mars by Picard's son. The pilot episode of Star Trek: Picard contests this however, showing the vineyard to still be present in its original location of La Barre, France.
- Picard's dialogue in the mission "Measure of Morality (Part 2)" are pre-recorded voice lines from the Next Generation episode Yesterday's Enterprise.