J'mpok of the House of J'mpok is a Klingon politician and member of the Klingon High Council, who became Chancellor in 2393 after slaying Martok under questionable circumstances in ritual combat. The House of Torg openly supports him.
Career[edit | edit source]
In 2391, J'mpok gathered together ship captains loyal to his house into one fleet after Chancellor Martok refused to entertain J'mpok's idea to fight the Federation and Romulans. The fleet invaded the Zeta Pictoris System and fought against a Romulan fleet, causing a split in the High Council.
In 2392, the Klingon High Council hardliners led by J'mpok demanded an invasion of Gorn space, and Martok, refusing to give in to their demands, continuously rejected them. In 2393, while meeting at the Great Hall, J'mpok slew Martok and assumed control of the Empire. The support for J'mpok's agenda concerned Federation political analysts, who expected things to come to a head by 2395. Under J'mpok's leadership, the Klingons invaded Gorn space and brought its people under the banner of the Empire. In 2399, when the Federation Council condemned the invasion of Gorn space, J'mpok withdrew the Klingon Empire from the Khitomer Accords, beginning a new war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Duties of Command”: The player has to seek out J'mpok, who then orders them to seek out First Officer Doran's par'Mach'kai to inform him of her death.
- “The House Always Wins”: After Torg's treacherous collaboration with the Tal Shiar is proven by the player, Worf and Alexander, J'mpok decrees the House of Torg to be dissolved in the Great Hall.
- “Jabberwocky”: A Prophet takes the form of J'mpok.
- New Romulus adventure zone
- “Secrets of the Ancients”: J'mpok contacts the player to congratulate and reward him/her for the glorious efforts on New Romulus and the discovery of the Iconian gateway.
- “Surface Tension”: After a joint fleet of Klingon, Federation, and New Romulan forces thwarted an Undine attack on Qo'noS, J'mpok invites representatives of the three factions into the Great Hall. When an Iconian appears and kills several High Council members, J'mpok agrees on a cease-fire between the Empire and the Federation.
- “Enemies in All the Usual Places”: KDF players establish contact with Chancellor J'mpok after tapping into a Hirogen communications array in the Trakia System.
- “Uneasy Allies”: J'mpok contacts KDF players to inform them of Sela's escape from Republic custody. When the player informs him they've found her, he instructs them to go along with Sela's offer to uncover more information about the Iconians.
- “The Temporal Front”: J'mpok attends the Alliance Summit on New Romulus, where he is poisoned by a Na'kuhl agent.
- “Storm Clouds Gather”: Together with other leaders, J'mpok travels to Deep Space 9 for an Alliance summit on the Hur'q threat. Here he expresses the Empire's refusal to assist the Dominion in a fight against the Hur'q.
- “Home”: The player speaks with J'mpok on DS9 after the final battle against the Hur'q. He complains that Martok will become even more prideful following the events of the mission, but is thankful in the knowledge that Martok has no political aspirations that would threaten J'mpok's chancellorship.
- “The Centre Cannot Hold”: J'mpok accepts J'Ula's request in meeting the Klingon High Council and asks for the player's presence at the Great Hall. J'Ula calls him out for his dishonorable actions, such as stealing his position of Chancellor while Martok still lives and refusing to participate in the Hur’q threat.
- “The Khitomer Discord”: J'mpok sends General Martok to accompany the player in the hunt for J'Ula and her House Mo'Kai forces on Khitomer. After the player and Martok emerge on the upper levels with Adet'pa's help after J'Ula explains the situation involving Aakar, he sends Klingon forces led by Captain Ja'rod to engage them. Martok swears that J'mpok will no longer have allies when everyone finds out what he has done. J'mpok then launched a mycelial weapon Aakar had provided him on Khitomer, damaging its facilities and killing numerous delegates caught in the wave. Later in orbit, Captains Kagran, Va'Kel Shon and Koren warped in where J'mpok silenced the player before they could explain themselves and dishonorably accuses them of launching the attack, betraying the Alliance and joining House Mo'Kai. Refusing to stand down with the player, Martok orders to disable the flagships and their forces instead of destroying them, and J’mpok eventually flees with the mycelial weapon. Depending on the player's faction Koren or Shon inform the player that J'mpok would soon declare everyone, including Martok, an enemy of the Empire and advises them to leave Khitomer, lie low and wait for their signal once it is safe to return.
- “Partisans”: J'mpok aboard his flagship, the I.K.S. Kri’stak, engages the player, Martok, Adet'pa and House Mo'Kai forces in the Gorath System while J'Ula and Wilkins, aboard the Lukara, work on broadcasting the evidence of the attack on Khitomer. Despite everyone in the system learning that J'mpok was the one who launched the mycelial weapon, the mission ends with the various Klingon Houses losing trust in the Empire and returning to their own homes. J'mpok furiously calls them out as traitors, dismissing the Klingon High Council and proclaiming himself as 'Emperor' of the Klingon Empire.
Missions formerly involved[edit | edit source]
- PvE queue
Missions given[edit | edit source]
- "Warzone" episode
- "Fek'Ihri Return" episode
- "Cardassian Struggle" episode
- "Future Proof" episode
- "New Frontiers" episode
- "Age of Discovery" episode
- "Klingon Civil War" episode
- Promotion missions
Other involvement[edit | edit source]
- "qa'wI' 'oy'Hey": Martok confronts Chancellor J'mpok on his refusal to commit the Empire to combating the threat of the newly-emerged Hur'q. J'mpok reminds Martok of the heavy price the Empire has paid for joining the Alliance against other major threats to the galaxy such as the Undine and Iconians. Martok however believes he is acting dishonorably and seems ready to challenge him for his cowardice, but is placated when J'mpok authorizes Martok to organize and lead a volunteer force to engage the Hur'q.
- "Hoch 'ebmey tljon": During the events of “The Khitomer Discord”, Chancellor J'mpok faces a difficult choice when he meets a potential new ally.
Note[edit | edit source]
- J'mpok received voiceovers for some of his lines on December 11, 2013.
- Any reference to Chancellor J'mpok being aboard the I.K.S. Kal'Ruq during its possible destruction in “Halting the Gorn Advance” has been removed in order to preserve continuity.
- J'mpok's model was revamped with Season Twenty: House Divided as part of the Year of Klingon updates.
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Aennik Okeg - President of the United Federation of Planets.
- D'Tan - Proconsul of the Romulan Republic.
[edit | edit source]
Klingon Defense Force
|Details||Klingon Defense Force • Klingon Empire • Klingon • Gorn • Orion • Nausicaan • Lethean • Ferasan • Great House • Qo'noS • Klingon Academy • Rura Penthe • Boreth • Ganalda Station|
|Ground Forces||War Targ • Bekk • Warrior • Officer • Munitions Officer • Targ Handler • Swordmaster • Dahar Master|
|Starships||To'Duj Fighter • Bird-of-Prey (Prime Timeline) • Bird-of-Prey (Kelvin Timeline) • Raptor Escort • Klingon Battle Cruiser • Negh'Var Warship • Vo'Quv Dreadnought • Bortasqu' Dreadnought Battlecruiser|
|NPCs||B'vat • Galera • J'mpok • Ja'rod • Jurlek • K'Gan • K'men • K'Valk • Kagran • Kahless • Koren • Martok • Nin'Yan • Rodek • Alexander Rozhenko • Sirella • Temek • Torg • Worf|
|NPC starships||I.K.S. Batlh • I.K.S. Bortasqu' • I.K.S. Chot • I.K.S. Kal'Ruq • I.K.S. Kang • I.K.S. Kor • I.K.S. Kri’stak • I.K.S. Lukara • I.K.V. Quv • I.K.S. Seg'pa • I.K.S. Rotarran • I.K.S. Targ • I.K.S. Worvig|