As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
History[edit | edit source]
Iconia is the homeworld of both the Iconians and the Heralds. Initially, the Heralds were used as beasts of burden by the Iconians, until they were able to genetically enhance them to be an intelligent, self-aware species. Approximately 200,000 years ago, Iconia was the center of a Milky Way-spanning, peaceful Iconian civilization, which was made possible by the servitude of the Heralds and the Iconian gateways. As such, the planet housed the World Heart, a central archive of all the knowledge the Iconians gathered. Being envious of the Iconians' superior technology, an alliance of races tried to retrieve the World Heart and bombarded Iconia so that no life remained on its surface. Although twelve Iconians could escape, the World Heart was lost and the location of Iconia would be forgotten in the millenia to come, removing the planet into the realm of myth and legend. ( “Taris”, “Midnight”)
In 2365, the U.S.S. Yamato discovered an ancient Iconian device during archaeological digs on Denius III, revealing the long lost location of Iconia in what by then had become the Romulan Neutral Zone. After arriving at Iconia, however, the Yamato fell victim to an unmanned Iconian Probe that transmitted a piece of Iconian software to rewrite the ship's computer systems and ultimately causing a warp core breach. To prevent both, a war with the Romulan Star Empire, who claimed the planet for themselves, as well as the Iconian technology from falling into the hands of then-Commander Taris of the I.R.W. Haakona, Captain Picard destroyed what was believed to be the only remaining outpost on the planet's surface. (TNG - "Contagion")
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- “Taris”: In 2409, Federation players discover an underground base on Iconia, where former Preator Taris is tapping into Iconian technology, including the usage of an Iconian gateway. After her Reman guards including Commander Arranhu are defeated, Taris is taken into custody and the gateway is destroyed by an overload.
- “Sphere of Influence”: Players see a real-time representation of Iconia when exploring Storage Facility Z98, and learn of the Iconians' plans to reclaim their former homeworld.
- “Uneasy Allies”: In 2410, the Andromeda Dyson Sphere appears near the planet, marking the return of the Iconians to the Milky Way Galaxy.
- “Butterfly”: The Iconian Resistance, working with the Krenim, come up with several temporal incursion simulations involving Iconia in an attempt to alter history; the first scenario involves having a rogue planet impact Iconia causing the Iconians to be faced with a natural disaster instead of a war, while the second involves preventing the planet from being discovered by the Federation in 2365.
- “Midnight”: The player, accompanied by Sela and Captain Kagran, travel 200,000 years into the past to an Iconia shortly before it is attacked. With the initial intention of eradicating the Iconian threat in the future by preventing any Iconians from escaping the planet, the player discovers that the they were in fact a peaceful race. When the Iconians' enemies attack, the player chooses to aid the Iconians in escaping the planet and recovers the World Heart. When presenting it to the Iconians in the present, they can be persuaded to end the Iconian War on the condition that they are left alone while re-colonizing Iconia.
- “The Measure of Morality (Part 2)”: Ancient Iconia is recreated in an Excalbian trial.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Details||Iconian • Bluegill • Dewan • Elachi • Herald • Solanae • Andromeda Dyson Sphere • Iconia • Iconian gateway • World Heart|
|Ground Forces||Swarmer • Construct • Fused Construct • Thrall • Defiler • Harbinger|
|Starships||Swarmer • Iconian Probe • Mir Fighter • Baltim Raider • Quas Cruiser • Vonph Battleship • Iaidon Dreadnought|
|NPCs||M'Tara • T'Ket • L'Miren • B'Tren • K'Wenn • S'Kenn • T'Lerr • V'Lar|