(Hyper-Impulse Engines are faster than other engines while at high Engine Power. All Impulse Engines increase their speed and turn rate with your Engine Power Level.)
- +__ Flight Speed
- Diverts all power to engines
[Hyper-Impulse Engines] are one of three types of Impulse Engines, each with their own particular specialty. Hyper-Impulse engines have exceptional output with high power requirements. They are slow at low power settings, but they have the highest maximum speed.
Impulse engine modifiers[edit source]
Some Impulse Engines may have additional modifiers that either increase existing bonuses or add new ones. engines will have one modifier, will have two, three, and four. All Engines have [SecSpd-2] as their default fifth modifier, though this can be re-engineered into a different modifier. Below are examples of Impulse Engine modifiers. Some Engines and modifiers boost Skills by a certain amount, based on Mark level. Refer to the table above for these values.
|[Aux]||Thrusters: 25% speed when engines are disabled.|
|[Spd]||+10% Flight Speed.[mods 1]|
|[Turn]||+0.3 to Flight Turn Rate[mods 2]|
|[Full]||+7.33̄ + 0.766̄×Mk to Full Impulse Flight Speed.[mods 3]|
Available on Engines crafted from the R&D Engineering School.
Crafted mods cannot be rerolled via re-engineering.
|[Damp]||+33 Starship Drain Expertise [mods 4]|
|[Inertia]||+10 Inertia Rating|
|Special Engines only (Fleet, Reputation)|
|[+CRes]||10% resistance to Control Effects|
|+3.8 Weapon Power Setting|
+3.8 Shield Power Setting
+3.8 Auxiliary Power Setting
|+20% Flight Speed when environmental hazards prevent use of Full Impulse.|
|+X Sector Space Travel Speed|
|+__% Shield Resistance (based on Throttle)|
|[SedSpd-2]||+X×2 Starship Impulse Expertise|
+X×2 Sector Space Travel Speed
This is the default Epic modifier for Impulse Engines.
The other must be obtained by re-engineering your Engine.
|[Turn/Spd]||+10% Flight Speed|
+10% Turn Rate
|Mark level of item||X =|
- Can appear twice on one engine, though Fleet Engines and some special engines have 3 or more innate or added [Spd] mods, and engines can be re-engineered to have more. After calculating the base speed for the Engine's Mark level, the game will add 10% for one [Spd] modifier, 20% for [Spd]x2, and so forth. Thus, final speed for standard Impulse Engines will be (7.5+0.375*Mk) + N*0.1*(7.5+0.375*Mk), where N is the number of [Spd] modifiers. This formula works up to Mk XII; Mk XIII items are treated as if they were Mk XVI (16), while Mk XIV items as if they were Mk XXIII (23); for Combat and Hyper-Impulse engines, respectively adding or subtracting 1 Mk level from the final formula will give you a close approximation.
- Engines have a base 4.5 Turn rate; one [Turn] modifier will give them 4.8, and two 5.1, regardless of Mk level. Can appear twice on one engine, though Fleet Engines and some special engines have 3 or more innate or added [Turn] mods, and engines can be re-engineered to have more.
- Can appear up to 4 times on one Engine. As with [Spd], Mk XIII acts like Mk XVI and Mk XIV like Mk XXIII, so Mk XIII [Full] adds 19.5, Mk XIV adds 24.8. The number displayed rounds to the nearest tenth. For example, [Impulse Engines Mk IV [Full]] would receive a bonus of 10.4.
- Does not scale with Mk level. Previously Starship Inertial Dampers.
- Integrated into Efficient Impulse Engines, and can be found on .
- Integrated into Dynamic Reroute Impulse Engines, and can be found on .
- Found on:
- Can be found on . This modifier gives 0.15% Shield Hardness per 1% of Throttle up to a maximum of 15% Shield Hardness at full throttle.
AnHyper-Impulse Engines will have one modifier suffix, will have two, and will have three. and can have multiples of the same suffix, and stacked suffixes are added together, not multiplied.
Base Flight Stats[edit | edit source]
Turn Rate is mostly determinated by the type of ship so the values are not listed here.
|Rank||Mark||Flight Speed||Turn Rate||Flight Speed (Full)||Values ()|