Holonovel Storage Device
While this case is closed, it may be freely traded. Once opened, the Holonovel Code Fragment is bound to your character.
The Holonovel Storage Device is one of the random rewards from the [Infinity Lock Box].
Description[edit | edit source]
- Within this device sits a set of coded subroutines that comprise one character from the infamous Holonovel written and programmed by would-be Ferengi terrorist, Bardok, which came to be colloquially known as "Death by Hamlet." The Holonovel was designed to be ran on a starship or space station fitted with holographic projectors. Upon initiation of the Final Act of the play, secret codes within each character's holomatrix would activate hidden subroutines to transform the cast of players into an army capable of subduing, and then autonomously operating, their venue.
- Bardok's plot was foiled before it ever came to fruition. In his mad lust for power, he drove his family in debt. When the FCA Liquidators came to arrest him, his belongings were confiscated and sold off to the highest bidder in an attempt to erase his monstrous debts. How the Great River brought them into your possession is a mystery.
- Activating the item within will grant you the opportunity to participate in a Duty Officer Assignment to decode the holomatrix of a unique duty officer, which will be added to your roster upon completion. It is impossible to know which character is encoded within until the completion of the assignment.
The Holonovel Storage Device is not bound and can be traded, mailed, sold or purchased from the Exchange.
At the Exchange, cheapest and best way to find this item is in "Reward Packs" tab withrarity and by typing in Search a keyword such as "holonovel".
Usage[edit | edit source]
This item can be used by both Federation and KDF-aligned players.
Right-click or double-click to Use the item.
By opening this pack you will receive a bound [Holonovel Code Fragment] used to start a special duty officer assignment which will reward you with an quality or better (not bound) Holonovel Duty Officer:
|[Ghost of Hamlet's Father]||Fed/KDF|
|[Hamlet, Prince of Denmark]||Fed/KDF|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- These duty officers are freely tradeable.
- These duty officers are very hard to distinguish between their Federation and Klingon versions!
See Also[edit | edit source]
- [Temporal Beacon Storage Device] which gives assignments awarding Temporal Duty Officers.
- [Tal Shiar Command Code] which gives assignments awarding Tal Shiar Duty Officers.
|Devices containing duty officer assignments|
|Terran Empire Research • Hur'q Research • Gamma Quadrant Research • Tzenkethi Intelligence Briefings • 23rd Century Research|
Mirror Incursion Research • Temporal Research • Tal Shiar Command Code • Temporal Beacon • Holonovel